Data Platform Engineer - PWM Data and Platform
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
The Private Wealth Management (PWM) business provides end to end Investment Management services and advice across a large range of asset classes for high net worth individuals. PWM leverages a global technology platform offering, an integrated suite of tools, and applications to onboard clients. Our software helps realize a client's goals and objectives, develops and implements an integrated wealth management plan and delivers first-class client service.
The Quantum Data Platform is a core component of the Consumer and Investment Management divisions application architecture. It is responsible for refining hundreds of gigabytes of financial, reference and vendor data per day through its data pipelines, and making this curated information available to application developers within the division. The data can be accessed via ultra low latency services at significant scale and with 99.99% reliability, materialized into data warehouses for analytics, and provided as change streams over Kafka.
We appreciate "full stack" development - this is your opportunity to bring that to the table, or if you are a specialist a great chance to diversify your skillsets. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Modelling and codification of data relationships
• Building frameworks for storage and enrichment of business metrics, facts and reference data at scale
• Enhance the organizations ability to deliver promptly and efficiently by focusing on improving developer productivity
• Building platforms to provide data through services (such as Rest) at scale with extreme fault tolerance
• Visualisation tools to explore data and platform metrics
• Building management information and allocation tools SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or other related degree at bachelors level
• Java, Scala, Python
• Extensive distributed compute experience in frameworks such as Spark and Flink
• 3+ years of hands on experience on relevant technologies and defining highly scalable and resilient architectures
• Exposure to scaleout Enterprise Messaging solutions such as Kafka
• Exposure to Restful Service Development, using frameworks such as Spring Boot Preferred Qualifications
• Experience with distributed Relational Databases, such as MemSQL or Snowflake
• Experience with traditional Relational Databases, such as Sybase IQ / DB2
• Experience with no-SQL hierarchical/document stores such as MongoDB and ElasticSearch ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.