Platform Engineer - CIMD - Marcus by Goldman Sachs
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB CONSUMER (MARCUS BY GOLDMAN SACHS)
Marcus by Goldman Sachs is the firm's consumer business, combining the entrepreneurial spirit of a startup with 150 years of experience. Today, Marcus has $50 billion in deposits, $5 billion in loan balances and 4 million customers across our lending and deposits businesses, as well as the personal financial management app, Clarity Money. Through the use of insights and intuitive design, we provide customers with powerful tools and products that are grounded in value, transparency and simplicity. We are backed by our unique team, comprised of individual contributors from leading agile technology companies, fintechs and consumer financial services companies, allowing us to disrupt the industry, while helping consumers take control of their financial lives
We are seeking highly collaborative, creative and intellectually curious Reliability Engineers who obsess about quality, availability and performance and ensure that our Cloud platform and products meet the demands of our digital customers today and in the future. Successful candidates will be proficient at a variety of observability technologies, including performance monitoring and tuning, automation of observability tooling while helping mature and improve our problem solving and reporting functions. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS Additional responsibilities & expectations include:
- On-going production operations of Marcus's public cloud hosted infrastructure across the entire stack
- Provide leadership in reducing and resolving production incidents by identifying preventative controls and driving proactive efforts
- Looking for opportunities to improve all operations processes
- Tracking system uptime and promotes continuously increasing release velocity
- Champion the creation and use of self-service tooling in support of the Cloud Engineering team
- Remain at the forefront of technology innovation and helps with the discovery and adoption of advanced cloud capabilities
- You are energetic, self-directed and self-motivated, able to build and sustain long-term relationships across a multitude of stakeholders in a fast paced, multi-directional work environment
- You possess exceptional analytical skills, able to apply expertise to drive complex, technical and highly commercial solutions
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- 5+ years of professional experience in Reliability Engineering, Linux Systems Administration, DevOps, or Infrastructure Engineering
- Experience in finding and fixing critical, customer facing production issues
- Understanding of industry standards for building services in Cloud environments
- Proficient with modern scripting languages (Python and Shell)
- Passionate about measurement, observability and early detection of issues
- Willing to be part of a 24/7 on-call rotation
- Composed urgency in stressful situations is critical
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Bachelor or Masters degree in Computer Science, Information Technology
- 3+ years in building and managing cloud operations and monitoring tooling such as Splunk, AppDynamics, PagerDuty, Prometheus etc.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity