Healthcare Speciality Group Lead Credit Officer
Healthcare Specialty Group Lead Credit Officer - Senior Vice President Location: Irving, Texas
The Healthcare Specialty Group Credit Officer role provides a thorough, objective analysis of the financial condition and credit worthiness of healthcare-specific borrowers, with an emphasis in the Health Service Organization (HSO) / Large Group Practice space, incorporating prevailing industry and market conditions, and structuring recommendations. The Credit Officer is expected to own and lead complex credit-related financing requests, including driving the legal documentation process for new money transactions, amendments, increases and extensions, and overall ongoing portfolio management of assigned credits as well as data quality.
The Healthcare Specialty Group Credit Officer must also understand and be familiar with the credit analysis, financial statement assessment, and key performance indicators as it pertains to the Healthcare industry targeted markets, as well as Citi credit policies and underwriting standards. Analysis is performed through the examination and interpretation of historical and projected financial statements and related information, biographical data on a company and/or individual, market information, and credit reports, with a focus on determining a borrower's enterprise value and debt repayment ability. The Healthcare Specialty Group Credit Officer also take the lead in preparation of various reports, informational requests, credit inquiries, and other special requests from the Relationship Managers and Independent Risk Managers as needed.
The Healthcare Specialty Group Credit Officer must be knowledgeable of the various products and services offered by Citi Commercial Bank, show the ability to work independently as well as a partner, and handle assigned transactions within the established turnaround standards. In addition, the role will have management oversight responsibilities with respect to supporting junior staff. Key Responsibilities:
- Lead and facilitate the end to end credit process by directly managing the diligence and workflow of underwriting requests for both new to bank and existing client relationships, including approval memos, amendments/extensions requests, periodic reviews and other credit related deliverables
- Lead the deal team with timely preparation of monthly and/or quarterly financial memo reviews of existing borrowers to track performance, trends and ratio analysis, as well as compliance with loan covenants, raising potential concerns and taking necessary actions in partnership with internal and external stakeholders
- Direct and supervise the loan documentation process for both new transactions and amendments or modifications; including coordination with internal partners and/or outside legal counsel to ensure that all credit approval terms and conditions are appropriately represented in the closing documents and any exceptions prior to closing are communicated and approved by Independent Risk
- Be fully knowledgeable of assigned portfolio and have the ability to interact with regulators, internal auditors and other internal constituencies in terms of providing information and addressing questions and comments
- Coordinate with bankers on customer calls and site visits, when appropriate
- Build a strong working knowledge of Citibank products and services within Commercial Banking and the broader organization
- Be familiar with Citibank credit policies and practices and regulatory policies, to assist unit in achieving compliance with the above and satisfactory ratings from internal and external auditors
- Recommend changes to lending process to achieve greater efficiency
- Direct and supervise Credit Officers and workflow assigned to the portfolio
Job Family Group:
- 10+ years of experience in credit underwriting, portfolio and/ or risk management with a large multinational financial services organization
- Experience in underwriting HSO and Large Group Practice specific borrowers preferred but not required
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to read and assess individual and company financial statements, cash flow, industry and competitive analysis and projections.
- Demonstrated knowledge of intermediate accounting theory and its practical application in the credit underwriting process
- Strong credit sense, with experience in early problem recognition and resolution skills
- Ability to handle high volume, work under pressure/deadlines and prioritize
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to complete assignments in a timely manner
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and lead a team
- Strong working knowledge of various spreadsheet and word processing applications (Excel and Word are preferred), including financial modeling, the use of graphs and charts, and Moody's financial analysis software
- Keep abreast of changing healthcare laws, insurance providers, business and economic developments, which may affect existing clients, prospects and the overall Healthcare industry in general
- Ability and willingness to travel as needed
- Bachelor's degree; advanced degree(s) and/or relevant certification(s) helpful but not required
Risk Management Job Family:
Credit Decisions Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting