Big Data Engineer
The Data Analytics Senior Analyst is a seasoned professional role. Applies in-depth disciplinary knowledge, contributing to the development of new techniques and the improvement of processes and work-flow for the area or function. Integrates subject matter and industry expertise within a defined area. Requires in-depth understanding of how areas collectively integrate within the sub-function as well as coordinate and contribute to the objectives of the function and overall business. Evaluates moderately complex and variable issues with substantial potential impact, where development of an approach/taking of an action involves weighing various alternatives and balancing potentially conflicting situations using multiple sources of information. Requires good analytical skills in order to filter, prioritize and validate potentially complex and dynamic material from multiple sources. Strong communication and diplomacy skills are required. Regularly assumes informal/formal leadership role within teams. Involved in coaching and training of new recruits. Significant impact in terms of project size, geography, etc. by influencing decisions through advice, counsel and/or facilitating services to others in area of specialization. Work and performance of all teams in the area are directly affected by the performance of the individual. Responsibilities: Required Skills
- 5+ years of experience with Hadoop (Cloudera) or Cloud Technologies Expert level building pipelines using Apache Beam or Spark Familiarity with core provider services from AWS, Azure or GCP, preferably having supported deployments on one or more of these platforms
- Advanced knowledge of the Hadoop ecosystem and Big Data technologies Hands-on experience with the Hadoop eco-system (HDFS, MapReduce, Hive, Pig, Impala, Spark, Kafka, Kudu, Solr)
- Proficient in programming in Java or Python with prior Apache Beam/Spark experience a plus.
- Experience with all aspects of DevOps (source control, continuous integration, deployments, etc.)
- Experience with containerization and related technologies (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience in other open-sources like Druid, Elastic Search, Logstash etc is a plus
- Knowledge of agile(scrum) development methodology is a plus
- Strong development/automation skills
- System level understanding - Data structures, algorithms, distributed storage & compute
- Can-do attitude on solving complex business problems, good interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Angular.JS 4 Development and React.JS Development expertise in a up to date Java Development Environment with Cloud Technologies
- Exposure and/or development experience in Microservices Architectures best practices, Java Spring Boot Framework (Preferred), Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience around REST APIs, services, and API authentication schemes
- Knowledge in RDBMS and NoSQL technologies
- Exposure to multiple programming languages
- Knowledge of modern CI/CD, TDD, Frequent Release Technologies and Processes (Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins)
- Exposure to mobile programming will be a plus.
- 5-8 years experience using tools for statistical modeling of large data sets
- Ability to effectively use complex analytical, interpretive and problem solving techniques
- Demonstratedinterpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor's/University degree or equivalent experience
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required. Job Family Group:
Technology Job Family:
Data Analytics Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting