Senior Manager, Transactional Tax Systems
Requisition #: 51516
Practice Area: Tax
Location: Atlanta, GA; Boston, MA; Detroit, MI; Dallas, TX; Houston, TX
At KPMG, we are reimagining tax with you in mind. Become an integral part of a dynamic team within a collaborative, future forward environment at one of the world's top tax firms. Be surrounded by deep tax knowledge and equipped with the latest in cutting-edge tax technologies. And join an extensive network of functional, industry, legislative and technical specialists with access to our Ignition Centers, where technology innovation accelerates. We welcome people with a passion for tax, a spirit for new thinking, and a commitment to providing outstanding client service today, and tomorrow.
KPMG is currently seeking a Senior Manager to join our practice.
- Provide excellent client facing service to multi-national companies in relation to their global indirect tax technology needs and requirements, including tax systems implementation, transaction analysis, supply chain analysis, business requirements analysis, and business transformation
- Develop, manage and/or support external vendor relationships with key business partners
- Lead or assist in preparing responses to client proposal requests; prepare and deliver Sales and Use Tax (SUT) and/or Value Added Tax (VAT) Technology training presentations aimed at external and internal audiences
- Support practice marketing and business development efforts
- Identify, document, and recommend client business requirements for implementing VAT/sales and use tax compliance processes and system improvements
- Assist Partners in engagement administration, engagement management and client billing, and in identifying and developing new and existing client relationships and internal relationships
- A minimum of seven years of experience with SAP, Oracle , PeopleSoft, Great Plains and similar ERP applications, specifically with the tax, AP/PO, A/R and/or G/L module
- A minimum of five years of experience in implementing major indirect tax technology solutions such as Sabrix, Vertex, ADP Taxware and similar for North American and/or global organizations
- Bachelor's degree in business, accounting, or a related course of study from an accredited college/university CPA, J.D., CMI, PMP, MCSD (Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer), TCERT (Thomson Certified Implementer) or MCITP (Microsoft Certified IT Professional) (Please note that any candidate hired by KPMG into this position that doesn't currently possess one of the aforementioned credentials/designations will be required to secure one within one year from the commencement of employment)
- Certified as a sales and use and/or global indirect tax implementation professional from various vendors and/or other acceptable qualifications and designations including PMI certification; proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio, or process mapping software
- Understanding of key indirect tax processes and data drivers while possessing a broad industry background including retail, financial services, manufacturing and telecommunications; ability to travel fifty percent or more of the time
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.