Software Engineer - GIR Engineering
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Enabling Goldman Sachs' research analysts to model investment ideas efficiently and
accurately, whilst ensuring that clients can access these ideas when, where and how they
choose. GIR Technologists leverage the latest in cloud, mobile and big data technologies to
help define and deliver our digital investment research strategy.
Global Investment Research at Goldman Sachs is one of the largest publishers of Research content in the world. Harnessing cutting edge technology we ensure our business is serviced by industry defining software tailored to their needs. Being current and commercial in our content provision and with our bespoke web platform we are breaking new ground as pioneers in the Digital content domain. Our team of engineers builds solutions to the most complex problems and develop cutting-edge systems. The Goldman Sachs Investment Research division is undergoing a digital transformation, with a strong emphasis on interactive HTML5 media, business intelligence and multi-channel content distribution. Many greenfield opportunities await the successful candidate which will be built upon a proven foundation. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• This is an opportunity for a local team lead to grow a small team
• Developing and driving forward a diverse set of technology platforms, both on premises and in AWS cloud
• Helping the GIR business by making it easier for them to model, retain and maintain their analytics data and to distribute it to all the right places to deliver value to our clients SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• 7+ years' relevant commercial experience
• Team or program management
• A strong analytical and problem solving mind-set
• Proven record of working across the full product lifecycle: requirements clarification and analysis, producing high level and detailed designs, implementing and providing support Preferred Qualifications
• Familiarity with Java
• Familiarity with AWS
• Experience working in a global team
• Agile methodologies ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.