Legal, Technology, Intellectual Property & Contracts, IP Transactional & Integration Attorney, Vice President - Dallas
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB WHO WE ARE
We work at the intersection of finance and law, providing counsel and advice that support activities across the firm. Professionals within the Legal Division provide high quality legal advice, transactional and regulatory advice, litigation oversight, and advise on compliance and reputational issues. Our goal is to help our businesses understand, navigate and weigh the risks associated with business related activities. Whether you're an experienced attorney or a quick learner with a strong interest in financial law coupled with critical thinking skills, our dynamic group might be right for you.
The Legal Division is looking for an attorney to be part of the Technology, Intellectual Property and Contracts team tasked with advising, counseling, structuring and negotiating technology, outsourcing and intellectual property-related transactions. This is a newly created role for an attorney to primarily support the firm's own M&A activities, including ensuring that the vendor arrangements of recently acquired entities are successfully integrated into the firm's third party governance and vendor management function.
This position offers an opportunity to work closely with stakeholders across different businesses and geographies, including the firm's Office of Integration, and to interact closely with colleagues throughout the firm's legal and compliance functions. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS RESPONSIBILITIES
- Advising on IP, licensing, third party vendor due diligence and related considerations for the firm's merger and acquisition activity
- Drafting, reviewing and uplifting vendor contracts of recently acquired entities to ensure compliance with applicable legal and regulatory obligations, as well as the firm's policies and procedures. Identifying, assessing and advising on risks associated with those arrangements.
- Designing and implementing the firm's processes for integrating the vendor arrangements of recently acquired entities into the firm's third-party governance and vendor management function.
- Designing and implementing processes for the education of vendor management / third-party risk professionals from recently acquired entities.
- Providing advice and counsel on financial services-related technology and general, commercial transactions; software, data and content licensing; data security, data use and privacy issues (including CCPA, GDPR, GLBA and cross-border data privacy issues); hosting, cloud computing and software services agreements; professional services agreements; internet exchanges and marketplaces in respect of the vendor arrangements of recently acquired entities.
- Assisting senior leadership of the Legal Division in developing, documenting and implementing contractual protections, processes and policies to effect compliance with the evolving legal and regulatory environment in respect of the vendor arrangements of recently acquired entities.
- Instructing/working with/manage external counsel and consultants.
- Working closely with internal business clients and Legal and Compliance colleagues in identifying, assessing advising on various regulatory questions and inquiries.
- Working with Legal and Compliance colleagues regarding the structuring, negotiation and execution of the relevant transactions.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Strong knowledge of technology, outsourcing and intellectual property laws and regulations.
- Minimum of 5 years' post qualification experience required in a leading law firm or financial institution or other global organizations.
- Significant experience in reviewing, advising and negotiating on technology and strategic sourcing contracts, as well as the intellectual property and licensing issues for merger and acquisition transactions.
- Understanding of vendor engagement processes, preferably on an international basis, helpful but not mandatory.
- Significant project management skills to manage a host of initiatives related to technology, strategic sourcing and vendor management arrangements.
- Experience of corporate transactions, and managing the integration of vendor arrangements following an acquisition, preferably on an international basis. Experience and understanding of post-merger integration challenges and pitfalls, as well as best practices.
- Team player with sound commercial and legal judgment, and strong analytical skills.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- High level of initiative, integrity, and organization.
- Comfortable engaging with senior executives across a host of disciplines and businesses.
- Admitted to the Texas State Bar
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity