Sr. Software Engineer
Job Description We are seeking a Sr. Software Engineer for our Content Solutions team located in our West Chester, PA office. The Content Solutions team is an agile team responsible for building the next generation of the organization's public facing presence at moodys.com. The Sr. Software Engineer will function as a hands-on developer who will:
• Interpret business requirements for a Business Mission/Epic with the assistance of Business Analysts and more senior team members
• Provide technical feedback on requirements and provide estimates for user stories and tasks
• Author and maintain technical design documents
• Take ownership of stories; Implement and test features based on the requirements
• Refactor design and implementation for stories owned, based on requirement changes
• Define and maintain coding standards and guide team members to comply with these standards
• Collaborate with QA engineers to fix defects
• Collaborate with DevOps engineers to prepare packages and solve environment issues
• Investigate and find the root cause for software problems reported by clients
• Perform code review of team members, mentor junior engineers.
• Work with team members to continuously improve our engineering practices
• Conduct training sessions and proactively share knowledge within and across teams
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related area with at least 5 years of experience in web application development.
• Deep understanding of Object-Oriented design and development
• Works well within the constructs of an agile development process, including SCRUM, Unit Testing, Continuous Build and Integration, etc
• 5+ years of solid backend and front-end development experience in C#, ASP.NET MVC, .NET Core, NodeJS, Web API, some ORM (EF, NHibernate, Dapper, etc.)
• 2+ years of T-SQL and basic database design experience
• 2+ years of MongoDB or other NoSQL experience
• 1+ year of experience working with full-text search indexing tools like Solr, AWS CloudSearch, ElasticSearch, Lucene, etc.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law. Click here to view our Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination statement.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.