We are seeking a Software Engineer for our Content Solutions team located in our West Chester, PA office. The Content Solutions team is an agile team responsible for building the next generation of the organization's public facing presence at moodys.com. The Software Engineer will function as a hands-on developer who will be part of a small team within a larger organization, contributing to multiple projects and using a wide range of technologies and skills every day.
• Front-end and back-end web development
• Support and improve existing codebase
• Debug user-reported issues
• Architect new products and upgrade existing features
• Work collaboratively with team members and other stakeholders to ensure successful delivery and implementation of assigned tasks
• Participate in several aspects of the software development life cycle (SDLC)
• 3+ years' experience in the following areas:
• Solid understanding of web technologies
• Databases (Microsoft SQL, MongoDB, Redis, MySQL, etc.)
• Source code management tools (Subversion, Git, VSS, etc.)
• Cloud (Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google) services
• BS in Computer Science (or equivalent)
• Knowledge of the software development life cycle (SDLC) including Agile Development Methodology
• Strong analytical, problem-solving, and troubleshooting skills
• Ability to stay current on trends within functional area of expertise and the industry
• Excellent time management and organizational skills
• Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
• Demonstrated team player
• Willingness to learn, a can-do attitude, and motivated to succeed and grow
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law. Click here to view our Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination statement.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.