SQL and Oracle DBA
Cognizant is hiring for SQL and Oracle DBA Job description:
- Define & design scope / processes for all new database requirements. Planning and cost estimation with business and technical team.
- Devised strategies to enhance productivity, implement productivity initiatives and cost reduction solutions.
- Working on service improvements to reduce the inflow of incidents by providing the permanent resolutions.
- Develop the scripts for Backup,automation etc
- Planning and Design SQL server high availability using log shipping , Always on setup , Mirroring functionality
- Develop UNIX shell and Windows powershell scripts to automate database specific activities such as Database health checks, database growth statistics, schemas refreshes, check database jobs status and timelines, monitor adhoc database jobs and databases performance assessment.
- Develop customized In-House Monitoring Capability and build analytical reports as part of innovation and service improvement
- Collaboration with Vendor MICROSOFT etc. for critical issue and implementing new service improvement.
- Managing MS SQL Server databases in Azure cloud , Azure work experience
- Work with business to understand the business requirements, and develop solutions accordingly.
- Execute compliance runs to qualify the migration approaches, and develop protocol documents to migrate databases into Software Defined Data Center (SDDC).
- SQL Server Migration activities for all environment
- Address the Issues/bugs in scripts for automated migration approaches, as they surface and release new versions.
- Executes the Problem Management process tasks in adherence with global and local requirements
- Coordinates and manages the Problem Management process activities across the global factory and with external suppliers to agreed global and local SLAs
- Supports Problem Management reporting (KPIs and customer SLAs)
- Performance tuning and Troubleshooting skills are must
- SQL DBA and Oracle DBA is a plus
***Cognizant is recognized as a Military Friendly Employer and is a coalition member of the Veteran Jobs Mission. Our Cognizant Veterans Network assists Veterans in building and growing a career at Cognizant that allows them to leverage the leadership, loyalty, integrity, and commitment to excellence instilled in them through participation in military service.
**Applicants are required to be eligible to lawfully work in the U.S. immediately; employer will not sponsor applicants for U.S. work authorization (such as an H-1B visa) for this opportunity.