Moody's Analytics Technology Rotation Program (MATR) - Full Time
The Moody's Analytics Technology Rotation (MATR) Program
is a rotational training opportunity that enables recent graduates to continue to develop their technical skills, while learning our business and identifying their preferred career path.
The program consists of four, 6-month assignments, which may be rotated throughout any of our five North American office locations: San Francisco, New York, Omaha, Waltham or West Chester, Pennsylvania (outside Philadelphia). Assignments span all of the Moody's Analytics lines of business, providing program participants with a broad set of experiences and opportunities within our firm. As participants progress through their rotations they'll build a solid foundation to become future leaders of the company.
Throughout the 2-year development program, participants are encouraged to explore their assignment preferences and try new things while moving across their rotations. These preferences are taken into account when assignments are finalized, along with the needs of our business. Participants develop their skills through classroom training, on-the-job learning, and by receiving structured feedback and support from local mentors and a dedicated Program Manager. Participants will enter the program together with a cohort, providing a community to connect with starting on their first day.
Rotational assignments vary in terms of the technology skills required, and may use any or all of the following technologies: Java, .NET, Scala, Apache Spark/Kafka, Hadoop, AngularJS, React, Kubernetes/Docker, Jenkins, Bamboo, Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure. Typical responsibilities for participants in the program may include, but are certainly not limited to, examples in the list below:
- Develop scalable enterprise applications using Java and big data technologies
- Develop internationalized multi-tenant SaaS solutions with responsive UI's using Java or ASP.NET MVC and React or AngularJS, with NodeJS and CSS/LESS
- Develop web applications, mobile applications and RESTful services using the latest front-end technologies
- Gather requirements and perform business systems analysis
- Design, administer and optimize large databases (SQL & NoSQL), containing more than 1 billion time series
- Use tools such as Cucumber to build automation test suites and Octopus plus Puppet/Chef to develop the next generation CI/CD infrastructure
- Research and prototype POCs using AWS/Cloud technologies for improving critical client processes
- Graduating with minimum of a Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Engineering, or related
- Anticipated graduation date of June 2021
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Preferably some relevant experience, or projects (including internships)
- Deep understanding of computer science fundamentals
- Ability to collaborate effectively in a diverse team
- Strong organizational skills
- High attention to detail
- Solid verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment and prioritize tasks accordingly
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law. Click here to view our Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination statement.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.