Lead Financial Controller (Buffalo, NY)
The Finance Reporting Lead Analyst is senior professional position responsible for driving the generation, analysis, and submission of reports to various constituencies based on requirements such as US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), US Regulatory, and local statutory reporting, in coordination with the broader Financial Reporting Team. The overall objective is to apply in-depth disciplinary knowledge to contribute to directional strategy. Responsibilities:
- Support the analysis and submission of reports to various constituencies (local regulators, SEC, Fed, OCC, etc.) based on requirements such as US GAAP, US Regulatory, and local statutory reporting
- Assist with closing the books and sub-ledgers, including passing appropriate required adjustment entries and consolidating financials at the end of each accounting period
- Instill operational discipline into existing team processes
- Work with senior leadership on strategic planning, establishing guidelines, implementing controls, and executing strategic plans
- Mentor and advise on directional strategy by analyzing subject matter and its application within role and the business
- Assist with the implementation of policies and procedures
- Serve as a technical mentor for an area within the business
- Build and maintain a thorough understanding of related product reporting and analytics and utilize knowledge of systems and process flows to provide insight and recommendations on identified issues
- Has the ability to operate with a limited level of direct supervision.
- Can exercise independence of judgement and autonomy.
- Acts as SME to senior stakeholders and /or other team members.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 6-10 years of experience in Financial Services preferred
- Global Project Management experience preferred
- Ability to work under pressure and manage deadlines or unexpected changes in expectations or requirements
- Proven organizational and time management skills
- Proven problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor's Degree/University degree or equivalent experience
- Master's degree preferred
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
The role will perform business controller responsibilities for NAM CCB to ensure accuracy of product financials, consistency in reporting and compliance to new regulatory/accounting requirements. The role will work closely with FRSS managing the resolution of issues escalated during close while overseeing variance analysis to provide insights on financial drivers to FP&A and business partners. The role will also partner with Business, Operations and different Finance functions in implementing process improvements and addressing data quality issues stemming out of product processors limitations. Job Family Group:
Finance Job Family:
Financial Reporting Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting