Investment Banking Product Specialist
- New York, NY, USA New York NY US
- Permanent, Full time
- S&P Global
- 18 Jun 18 2018-06-18
Investment Banking Product Specialist
S&P Global Market Intelligence
The Role: Investment Banking Product Specialist
The Location: New York, New York
The Impact: You are the subject matter expert on platforms and workflows relevant to the Investment Banking segment. You serve as an expert resource for the commercial team, and trusted resource for our management teams. You keep Sales Executives and Relationship Managers abreast of current market trends and how/where our solutions may be in more/less demand. Your work benefits clients' businesses to the extent they derive value from the solutions you help deliver. You also play a critical part in collecting feedback on product performance, content and functionality from the marketplace and relaying it to the Product Management team. The result, and the ultimate aim of your role, is to drive growth for our firm.
The Team/Business: You will report to the Global Commercial Director for the Investment Banking and Private Equity segment. The team is composed of experienced professionals who understand our clients and are passionate about delivering quality data through high performing platform solutions. The business has a casual and friendly atmosphere and an entrepreneurial spirit. We value teamwork and it is important that you are a great teammate in order to be successful.
What's in it for You?:
- This position entails working with our IB Commercial and Product Management teams to achieve maximum profitability and growth by effectively diagnosing current and prospective clients on their workflow problems, then demonstrating and delivering solutions that address those needs.
- You will travel to meet a wide array of current and prospective users and learn about their challenges, and communicate throughout the process to train/coach them, help deliver product solutions that help achieve their business objectives, collect feedback and identify new usage opportunities.
What We're Looking For:
- Degree in a numerate disciplines such as Finance, Accounting, Economics, or equivalent experience is required.
- Firm understanding of the IB segment (with a focus on screening, modeling and pitchbook building)
- You will possess deep knowledge of the Investment Banking sector. Ideally this knowledge should have been obtained through directly working for an IB, selling into IBs, or both.
- Product Specialists covering the IB segment from other analytics vendors, and those with experience working in M&A/Advisory/ECM and especially DCM/Leveraged Finance are actively being sought for this role.
- Familiarity with industry-leading analytical and data and delivery platforms used within the IB segment. Knowledge of Capital IQ and SNL platforms (data, add-ins, or feeds) is a plus.
- Working experience for or selling financial information into IB firms.
- Excellent communication, training and presentation skills.
- Desire to take responsibility for clients.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.