GS Bank -Software Engineering
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
FINANCE | Corporate Treasury
We're a team of specialists charged with managing the firm's funding, liquidity, capital and relationships with creditors and regulators. Corporate Treasury manages the firm's financial resources and minimizes interest expense through liability planning, asset liability management, and liquidity portfolio yield enhancement. The division is ideal for collaborative individuals who have strong quantitative analysis skills and risk management capabilities since Treasury actively manages the firm's financial resources which are constantly changing due to business activity, markets, risk appetite, regulations and other factors. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Finance Engineering - GS Bank Engineering Developer - Analyst
What We Do
In Finance Engineering, you'll find an exciting confluence of computer science, finance and mathematics being used to solve for what our shareholders would like from us - a high return for the right risk taken.
GS Bank Engineering team is responsible for supporting the various Cross Product functions GS Bank. This includes Cross Product Regulatory Controls, Centralized Loan Pledge Platform and Online Deposits. An ever evolving business and regulatory environment demands ongoing innovation to maintain scalable solutions in a changing world. We use the latest Tech stack including Mongo, Kafka, Micro services and are constantly looking to use modern Technology to solve Business problems.
Are you interested in learning about risk and finance or perhaps expanding what you know, while still staying close to your roots as a software engineer? As a business software engineer in Finance Engineering, you will have the opportunity to impact one or more aspects of risk management and financial reporting, while working in small, nimble teams to provide technical products that meet our constantly changing business needs. Our partnership with the Finance and Risk Divisions, respectively, directly correlates to Goldman Sachs' core competencies - monitoring, measuring and reporting not only risk exposures, but also financial transactions. We engage with senior leadership across various areas of the firm, in addition to a number of divisional committees and regulatory entities. Wherever your interests fall, you will find your calling amidst our diverse mix of teams and functions.
GS Bank Engineering
* Employment type
* Job function
How will you fulfill your potential?
* You are energetic, self-directed and self-motivated, able to build and sustain long-term relationships with clients and colleagues
* Intuitively coalesce towards problems with an open mind, within the context of a team
* You have exceptional analytical skills, able to apply knowledge and experience in decision-making to arrive at creative and commercial solutions
* You possess a strong desire to learn and contribute solutions and ideas to a broad team
* You are independent and comfortable in a fast paced, ambiguous and often multi-directional work environments
* Manage multiple tasks and use sound judgment when prioritizing
* Provide digitally-advanced financial products to commercial clients
* Collaborate with globally-located cross functional team in building customer-centric products
* Analyze existing software implementations to identify areas of improvement and provide estimates for implementing new features
* Update and maintain documentation for team processes, best practices, and software runbooks
* B.S. or higher in Computer Science (or equivalent work experience)
* Up to 3 years of relevant professional experience
* Expertise in React JS, HTML5, Java
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Experience building transactional systems and strong understanding of software architecture
* Experience integrating with Restful web services
* Comfort with agile operating models
* Experience with microservice architecture
* Experience with Kafka, MongoDB, Spring
* Experience with AWS
* Experience in Financial Services or Fintech is a plus ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity