Electronic Trading Engineer
Bloomberg's Fixed Income Trading systems offer end-to-end trading workflows including price discovery and negotiation, real-time analytics/pricing, execution and straight through processing (STP), and are fully integrated with the Bloomberg terminal and enterprise solutions. We are the engineering team behind the world's largest over-the-counter (OTC) electronic trading (ET) platform.
Our platforms have been at the heart of recent market structure changes, driven by trade automation and regulation. Clients are actively looking to cut costs by switching to more automated and efficient ways of trading, and regulators are pushing for more transparency and systemic controls to prevent another financial crisis. This is an exciting time to be in this space as we embark on projects that cater to these needs and leave a lasting impact on financial trading markets.
We own several distributed, fault-tolerant, highly transactional and low-latency applications that are critical to traders that have an impact on the global economy on a daily basis. We constantly evaluate new technologies to ensure creative solutions. We take pride in our product and partner closely with business and sales teams to influence product design. We embrace Agile development methodology, test-driven development and best of breed SDLC practices.
Given the sensitivity of our platforms, we take quality and stability seriously.
FI Electronic Trading team is currently building out a number of new systems to support continuing automation and "electronification" of fixed income markets, which will further raise the bar in terms of capacity and throughput, while allowing our clients to interact and transact in new and innovative ways. We are adding entirely new trading workflows, and designing new applications from the ground up to provide financial analytics alongside execution capabilities.
We are looking for software engineers who share our teams' passion for delivering high quality software in a fast-paced client-driven environment. What's in it for you:
You'll need to have:
- An opportunity to work on a complete tech stack to deliver client facing products
- Using industry standard technologies to build high performance systems
- Work in a highly collaborative environment where teamwork is the key to success
- An opportunity to learn (and influence!) how the financial markets operate by working closely with product managers and clients
We'd love to see:
- 2+ years of experience programming in an object oriented programming language such as C++, Java, Python or C#
- Self-motivated and proactive attitude to problem solving
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment using agile methodologies
- Willingness to work with C++ as your primary development language. Opportunities are provided to develop these skills
- Experience with multi-threading and asynchronous event-driven programming
- Experience with high volume, high availability distributed systems
- Experience working in a UNIX or Linux development environment
- Familiarity with scripting languages such as Python, and developer productivity tools such as Jenkins and Splunk
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.