Point72 What you'll do:
- In this role you will conduct research through data statistical modeling to uncover insights about investment decisions. You will have the opportunity to work in a highly collegial environment that emphasizes collaboration and continuous learning.
- Test research hypotheses and assumptions of researchers by pulling all the necessary data from disparate sources and designing and validating models that transform that data into actionable insights
- Manage all aspects of the research process, including methodology selection; data collection and quality assurance; creation of a data platform for modeling and analysis; and performance monitoring
- Deliver research findings to Management and Research Analysts
- Work to help drive innovation on metrics and modeling strategies
We look for candidates with extensive knowledge in statistical models, data mining tools, and a proven track record of working with small, structured data and large, unstructured data sets to extract predictive insights. Other requirements include:
We take care of our people
- Undergraduate degree in a quantitative discipline required, graduate degree preferred
- 2+ years working experience in a role that requires advanced statistical analysis
- Working experience in a relevant field researching real-world data problems (though not necessarily in finance)
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Strong programming skills in the following languages: SQL/NoSQL, Python (preferred), R
We invest in our people, their careers, their health, and their well-being. We want you to concentrate on success and leave the rest to us. When you work here, we provide:
- Fully-paid health care benefits
- Generous parental and family leave policies
- Mental and physical wellness programs
- Tuition assistance
- A 401(k) savings program with an employer match and more
Point72 is a global asset management firm led by Steven Cohen that uses Discretionary Long/Short, Macro, and Systematic strategies to invest in eight offices across the globe. We look for people who want to build a career with us - people who want to innovate, experiment, and be the best at what they do - while adhering to the highest ethical standards.
Point72 is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Point72 is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment. Point72 complies with applicable, local, state and federal laws on the subject of equal employment opportunity.