- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Credit Suisse -
- 21 Aug 18
Cloudserve Implementation Engineer #116093
We are migrating existing applications to the cloud. As they stand up new applications in the cloud, we have a crucial need for a Senior Consultant with strong cloud engineering skills.
We're currently seeking an Azure specialist that has experience with Azure services (such as Virtual Machines, Azure Storage, Scale Sets, Virtual Network, Gateways, Traffic Manager, etc.).
You will help the team select technologies, implement the architecture, and stand-up the various environments. The support and management of all these applications will be owned by this role from the perspective of patching, scalability, configuring, and expansion with new services as they become available. Broad responsibilities will include: owning the technical engagement and ultimate success around specific implementation projects; defining implementation architectures, developing a deep expertise in the Azure technologies as well as broad know-how around how applications and services are constructed using the Azure platform.
Additionally the idea candidate will participate in technical design and mentor the junior team members. You will gain the opportunity to learn from, collaborate with, and educate some of the brightest technical minds in the industry today across the breadth of enterprise architecture:
- 5 years of total experience in Azure Cloud Architecture and Design
- Strong understanding on Cloud VM and Server technologies, including management of services.
- Experience in capacity monitoring and trend analysis
- Strong verbal and written communications skills and the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations
- Expertise in Linux operating systems
- Expertise in CI/CD automation using Jenkins pipeline
- Familiar with the interworking of Web applications and relational databases
- Experience with Auto-Scaling in Azure Cloud Space and multi region RDS database replication
- Experience with setup of Disaster Recovery and High Availability
- Participate in and evaluate proof-of-concepts for server, storage, network, and security technologies to support the cloud infrastructure
- Create automated processes using well-known languages and frameworks such as PowerShell, CLI, python, YML, JSON, Puppet, Jenkins pipe-line
- Understanding of application, server, and network security and compliance requirements
- Demonstrate experience leading or developing high quality, enterprise scale IT system or Software projects.
- Most desirable skills include:
- Experience with software tools for Cloud billing, network health monitoring, and expense management
- AWS or Azure certification
- Design, implement, and support system monitoring infrastructure
- Good to be Familiar with infrastructure
- Docker or other related scheduling experience is desired
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS, AND TRAINING:
B.S in Computer Science, Information Technology, Electrical Engineering or equivalent technical or management training and experience
- Certification in Azure is a plus.
- Experience working in an agile team.
- Good skills to coach team cloud technologies.
- Strong knowledge of network theory, rules, practices, and principles.
- Know about the value of metrics and incremental delivery.
- Knowledge about tasks, backlog tracking, burndown metrics, velocity, user stories etc.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to effectively work in a team environment characterized by rapid change and high availability targets
- Linux operating systems: 5 years
- cloud health monitoring, capacity metering, "cloud pricing: 3 years
- PowerShell, CLI, python, YML, JSON, Puppet, Jenkins pipeline: 3 years
- Azure Cloud Architecture and Design: 5 years
- CI/CD automation (using Jenkins pipeline): 3 years