Audit Manager - ICG Technology
This role manages the timely delivery of high quality, value added assurance and audit reports for a portfolio of business activities, which meet the requirements of the Boards of Citigroup and Citibank, their affiliates, and of Citi's respective regulators, globally.
The Institutional Client Group (ICG) Technology Audit team provides technology audit coverage for the ICG businesses which comprises Markets and Securities Services, Trade & Treasury Solutions and Citi Private Bank. The position is based in New York and will have responsibility for providing technology audit coverage of key systems supporting the ICG businesses in North America and globally, more specifically related to Markets and Securities Services products such as Equities, Rates, FX, Custody or Funds Services. Key Responsibilitie s :
Delivers on time high quality audit reports, Internal Audit and Regulatory issue validation as well as business monitoring and risk assessment.
- Effectively manages and executes audit activities for a component of a product line, function, or legal entity at the regional or country level including a portion of the audit annual plan. For larger audit reviews, manages an audit team responsible for completion of the audit work.
- Applies in-depth level of expertise in one or more of the Bank's businesses and leverages this knowledge to inform audit coverage and universe completeness.
- Proactively advances integrated auditing concepts and use of technology.
- Leads the professional development of Internal Audit staff.
- Develops effective senior line management relationships and has a strong understanding of the businesses.
- Applies an in-depth understanding of the inter-relationships of business and support units throughout the Bank and how they impact the overall control environment and the audit approach.
- Uses excellent communication skills in order to influence a wide range of internal audiences including respective product, function, or regional executive management partners. Effectively negotiates on matters which will have a major impact on the area managed.
- Demonstrates strong judgment, political astuteness, and sensitivity to cultural diversity.
- Possesses strong project management and interpersonal skills, makes sound decisions, exhibiting initiative and intuitive thinking. Consulted often by others for advice and opinions and recognized as a leadership role model.
- Participates in major business initiatives and pro-actively advises and assists the business on change initiatives.
- Frequently involved in matters that require complex judgments and solutions based on sophisticated analytical thought such as identifying solutions for a variety of complex and novel audit control issues and proposes creative and pragmatic solutions for risk and control problems. Partners with internal and external stakeholders to develop approaches for addressing broader corporate emerging issues.
- Serves as lead reviewer for all types of reviews.
- Participates in the preparation and review of Business Monitoring Quarterly Summaries.
- Collaborates effectively with other audit teams and helps support them in achieving their objectives .
Job Family Group:
- University degree or equivalent. Related certifications (CPA, ACA, CFA, CIA, CISA or similar) are a plus.
- Minimum 7 years senior level experience in a related role with experience in business, functional and people management, with proven abilities in taking responsibility for executing concurrently on a portfolio of high quality deliverables to stakeholders according to strict timetables.
- Specific subject matter expertise regarding technology application control disciplines and if possible an understanding of ICG products.
- Demonstrates experience in managing teams and managing integrated internal audit and assurance delivery (or equivalent projects) within a matrix reporting environment.
- Effective negotiation skills, a proactive and 'no surprises' approach in communicating issues and strength in sustaining independent views. This individual must be an articulate and effective communicator, both orally and in writing, with an energetic, charismatic and approachable style.
- Self-starter with a solutions based approach
- Strong interpersonal skills for interfacing with all levels of Internal Audit, business management and external stakeholders (e.g. external audit and regulators) .
Internal Audit Job Family:
Audit Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting