- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 21 Sep 17
Assistant Director-China Financial Programs(Limited Duration)
Location: New York, NY, USAThe Role / Responsibilities:
- Create and nurture an effective and expanding network of US expert contacts and finance executives within the US finance industry to ensure client programs can fulfill the evolving training needs of the clients.
- Design, develop and deliver executive training programs for client delegations of 20-30 executives, predominantly from China, on a variety of topics including wealth management, asset management, FinTech, insurance, investment banking, risk management, and financial innovation etc. Typical training programs for incoming delegations run from 1 - 2 weeks.
- Drive and manage academic expertise within the training group for U.S market delivery, including sourcing, and recruiting both instructors to teach, and financial institution executives to host our clients in the United States, particularly in New York but also including San Francisco, Boston, Washington DC, Los Angeles and Chicago etc.
- Work closely with Moody's corporate delegates to ensure that the academic delivery of each program meets client needs and that feedback is incorporated into future programs.
- Assist in academic delivery expansion for more cutting-edge financial topics.
Moody's Analytics is a premier global educator in financial services teaching financial institutions and regulators in over 33 countries worldwide. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO), founded in 1909, was one of the founding institutions to help develop Wall Street through detailed financial analysis and the invention of modern bond and credit rating. Subsequently Moody's expanded into training, consulting, software and other needs required by the world's financial institutions. Those businesses are consolidated under subsidiary Moody's Analytics (MA), while our original ratings core is housed within subsidiary Moody's Investors Service (MIS). Moody's, with over 10,000 employees worldwide and $3.3B in revenue, is truly an integrated global corporation. Our headquarters are located in New York at 7 World Trade Centre, and we have offices and training locations in all major financial services markets.
- University degree in a related field, such as finance or business, is preferred
- Experience and passion for managing the design, development and delivery of executive training programs
- 5+ years of work experience, preferably working in the financial services industry.
- 5+ years of experience managing personnel
- Fluent in Mandarin - verbal and written
- Knowledge of financial services industry terminology and in dealing with financial services professionals
- Strong knowledge of financial industry trends and regulatory environment
- Familiarity with Chinese business culture and practices is an asset but not required
- Master degrees and financial designations will be considered an asset
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.