AVP Equities Business Analyst & Project Delivery
- Manhattan, NY, USA Manhattan NY US
- Permanent, Full time
- Barclays - US
- 14 Jun 18 2018-06-14
The candidate will be facing off to key project stakeholders with the Equities Trading businesses. Within IT, he/she will be working with the development teams to ensure scope of requirements is achievable, requirements are clear and well-defined, test plans are comprehensive, and issues are resolved.
- Serve as Equities Technology Business Analyst, Programme Manager, and Subject Matter Expert; areas of focus will include risk monitoring, execution workflows, order management, exchange and client connectivity, and regulatory reporting obligations.
- In line with Business Analyst, Programme Manager, and Subject Matter Expert roles, also serve as point of contact and technology liaison on Regulatory, Compliance, and Audit matters.
- Data analysis and mapping will be accomplished using MS Excel, MS Access, or similar tool(s).
- Full ownership and in-depth knowledge of application functionality required to train and on-board new users potentially unfamiliar with detailed workings of equities applications.
- Work closely with key business, COO, trading, compliance, supervisory, and operations stakeholders to obtain comprehensive business requirements for active projects and tasks.
- Write detailed business and integration requirements documents using the Confluence/Wiki based documentation approach aligned with an Agile / sprint-based development methodology.
- Create detailed GUI mock-ups and other visual requirements to be presented alongside user requirements to development teams and key stakeholders.
- Obtain formal sign-off of business requirements from all key project stakeholders and ensuring traceability throughout the development cycle as requirements evolve.
- Work actively and closely with software development teams to ensure user requirements are clearly understood and developed as specified in the documentation.
- Participate in software development staff planning as they write detailed functional and design specifications to govern field, message, and user interface level details.
- Gather development and testing estimates and including these in formal project plans.
- Conduct comprehensive functional testing during the development process ahead of QA and UAT
- Document use-cases for inclusion by QA within formal regression test suite and working with user acceptance testing (UAT) staff on user testing.
- Work closely with run the bank staff on release planning of projects.
- Ensure project status is regularly communicated, book of work/backlog are groomed on a timely basis, and ensure projects/tasks are prioritized.
- Bachelors Degree in MIS, Computer Science, Engineering or Finance or equivalent
- 3+ years working in with equities trading applications
- 8+ years working in the Investment Banking industry
- Experience working in the technology industry
- Proven ability to influence and manage across multiple teams and regions to deliver complex projects