- Raleigh, NC, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Credit Suisse -
- 21 Aug 18
eCommunications Surveillance Support # 116898
The SAMI team (Semantic Technology, Analytics, and Machine Intelligence) owns the strategic eCommunications Surveillance platform, which is deployed globally across multiple Business Units. It leverages a vendor product (RedOwl) built on ElasticSearch, a big data technology stack. The platform conducts surveillance on all eCommunication channels to enable Supervisory functions to surface potentially anomalous activity. We are looking for a talented and experienced individual to support this platform. This role is rota-based.
- Production Support member in the eCommunications Surveillance Production and Testing Group (PTG)/Environment Management team. Part of a globally distributed team, with other members based in Pune, Zurich, Raleigh, and London.
- You will be first and second line support for the application and infrastructure environment globally.
- You will direct end user interaction to support the platform.
- Daily health checks and application monitoring.
- Incident management and client notification.
- Environment monitoring, maintenance, and capacity management.
- You will prepare technical documentation to include as-built design, requirements, and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Application Upgrades, Testing, and Releases.
- You will build of new environments for new business and regional deployments.
- You will coordinate tasks and activities with various groups within the firm.
- Opportunity for stretch assignments in next generation Big Data and Machine Learning technologies.
- You will be part of a globally distributed team.
Credit Suisse maintains a Working Flexibility Policy, subject to the terms as set forth in the Credit Suisse United States Employment Handbook.
- You have good client facing skills.
- Service Management i.e. Release management, Change management, incident management.
- You have experience in monitoring enterprise applications in production environment.
- Platforms: ElasticSearch (bonus), Hadoop (bonus).
- You have good attention to detail around documentation.
- You are process oriented.
- Dedicated individual with a solution-driven attitude.
- Good team player.
- Highly motivated, have great interpersonal skills, and be technically proficient.
- Application and Production support experience.
- UNIX/LINUX, RedHat.
- Scripting skills in BASH.
- Do you have the ability in scripting and troubleshooting application errors in Linux/Unix environments?
- Do you have experience with automated deployment technologies such as Ansible, Puppet or Satellite?
- You have knowledge of security technologies such as Kerberos and SSL.
- You have experience with toolsets such as JIRA, SVN and Ansible.
- Infrastructure Hardware awareness (Servers, Storage, Networks).
- Possess strong verbal and technical written communication skills.
- Able to coordinate collaboratively across traditional engineering disciplines, with management and with customers.
- Scripting skills in Python. Experience writing modular and reusable code in Python.
- Experience with ElasticSearch and Kibana.
- Experience with Hadoop.
- Experience with the ETL pipeline: cleaning, transforming, and ingesting large structured and unstructured data streams.
For more information visit Technology Careers.