Data Governance Analyst # 099230
The Chief Data Officer (CDO) Data Governance function has been established to champion the ownership, stewardship and quality of front office data across the GM, IBCM and IHC. Understanding how data impacts the business is key to implementing an effective data governance strategy. The role of Data Governance Project Lead within this group is charged with supporting the implementation and execution of the CDO data strategy to drive business value by improving the quality of data.
- Execute and support the CDO data strategy by which the Division acquires, governs, and manages the quality of data.
- Engage in key projects/workstreams to support the front-to-back adoption and implementation of the Enterprise Data Governance Policy
- Track non-compliance with the Policies data standards and help assess the risk & cost of non-compliance.
- Establish and support a front-to-back inventory of critical data generated/used by the Division.
- Help drive overall data quality within the Division by ensuring the data quality issues are monitored, measured & prioritized and the necessary remedial actions are put in place.
- Develop metrics and scorecards whereby instances of risk can be assessed and prioritized for remediation across the Division.
- Drive key data quality measures across the Divisions stewarding/consuming functions.
- Partner with Divisional business functions in aligning the data governance principles.
- Help support the Divisional tooling strategy for Data Governance.
- Identifying opportunities for more effective management and use of data.
- Integral member of the CDO to champion the 'spirit' of a data driven culture into the DNA of the Division and wider organization.
Credit Suisse maintains a Working Flexibility Policy, subject to the terms as set forth in the Credit Suisse United States Employment Handbook.
- You have consistent track record (5+ years) as a lead business analysts and influential change agent in banking and financial services, preferably investment banks.
- You have significant experience with enterprise-wide data initiatives and working with complex banking data and systems infrastructures.
- You have knowledge of investment banking data management issues and challenges presented by changes in the regulatory environment.
- You have understanding of business process management and data governance.
- You have experience in change management; scoping, requirements and solutions execution.
- You have the ability to define metrics and scorecards to demonstrate benefits of a successful data governance program.
- You have experience in handling expectations and communication with cross functional teams.
- You have experience in partnering with other divisions and functions to execute and deliver effectively.
- You have knowledge of IT development, data management and change processes.