AVP, Cloud Reliability Engineering
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse. We Offer
- A department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm's D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global Conduct and Ethics Standards
- You will be perform in a culture that pushes innovation, automation and promotes creativity for engineers.
- Manage a team that has passion for infrastructure cloud related technologies. The work involves crafting and prototyping iteratively alongside our Application Development (AppDev) teams.
- The end product has to be robust, functional, flexible, high quality, allows for innovation and empowers our AppDev teams to deliver solutions quickly to our businesses.
- Open to learning new technologies, likes to guide and learn from others, thinks automation first and subscribes to DevOps principles.
- Coordinate with multi-functional teams and deliver impactful solutions to the internal customers, and focus on wins with an emphasis on iterative value delivery.
Ideally, you will be a seasoned DevOps Engineer with a broad T/E-Shaped full stack infrastructure background Essentials Technical Skills and Qualifications:
- RHEL/CentOS – RHCE certificate or equivalent experience.
- Development experience in at least one of following languages Python, Ruby, C, C++, Java or any other scripting languages (PowerShell, Bash).
- Experience with containers technology including Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with DevOps models, CI/CD tooling such as Jenkins and Configuration Management such as Puppet, Salt, Satellite or Ansible.
- REST API using Postman and interaction with API Gateway Frameworks like Apigee, Apiary or similar is essential.
Desired Technical Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor Degree in Computer information technology or equivalent.
- Experience with OpenShift, K8, detailed understanding of Docker & LXC and applicable use cases
- Knowledge of container Networking and Storage components
- Azure Public Cloud services (such as AKS, Virtual Machines, Azure Storage, Scale Sets, Virtual Network, Gateways, Traffic Manager)
- Implementing and operating Infrastructure as Code using Terraform and/or similar.
- Familiarity with tools such as crio, skopeo and buildah
Essentials Non-Technical Skills:
- Understand the value of diversity in the workplace and is dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work. This should be further elaborated on in your application.
- Ability to operate as a member of a team and can perform actions independently of others.
- Actively takes ownership of issues and can drive forward to resolution.
- Teammate with strong problem solving (RCA / Documentation) skills
Desired Non-Technical Skills:
- Comfortable communicating to senior leadership and can adjust communication style based on the audience.
- Experience with working with global teams.
- Outstanding English written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient experience working in an Agile SCRUM team.
- Hardworking, ambitious with ability to learn
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success. Credit Suisse complies with applicable federal, state, and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment in every jurisdiction in which it maintains facilities. Subject to applicable law and regulatory requirements, Credit Suisse complies with state and local laws regarding considering for employment qualified individuals with criminal histories.