Cognizant is looking for a combined role of Hadoop data engineer cum data analyst to join our Artificial Intelligence and Analytics practice (AIA). As part of the role, you are supposed to understand the requirements from various stakeholders and prepare the functional requirement and create the source to target mapping for the ETL process. You are also supposed to leverage ETL engines Hive and Spark to create various data products using source to target mapping.
About AI & Analytics : Artificial intelligence (AI) and the data it collects and analyzes will soon sit at the core of all intelligent, human-centric businesses. By decoding customer needs, preferences, and behaviors, our clients can understand exactly what services, products, and experiences their consumers need. Within AI & Analytics, we work to design the future—a future in which trial-and-error business decisions have been replaced by informed choices and data-supported strategies.
By applying AI and data science, we help leading companies to prototype, refine, validate, and scale their AI and analytics products and delivery models. Cognizant's AIA practice takes insights that are buried in data, and provides businesses a clear way to transform how they source, interpret and consume their information. Our clients need flexible data structures and a streamlined data architecture that quickly turns data resources into insightful, actionable intelligence.
Location – Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
You must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
- Under direct supervision of an experienced Data Analyst, the Data Analytics Analyst will learn how to explore data to find its meaning and relationship to solving business problems:
- Document technical and business data definitions and data lineage from source to target in a metadata management system.
- Work with peer technical personnel, members of the DAO team, and our business partners to assemble data from various sources into datasets to analyze the information to solve business problems and improve business efficiency.
- Support technical and business testing as a member of development project teams.
- Provide support to data quality and data governance efforts through analysis of data and assisting in understanding the meaning of data.
- Learn to perform data profiling.
- Administer and generate metrics on data to monitor and improve the quality of data.
- Participate in changes to key data elements and source data and document the changes to business and technical definitions and data lineage in our metadata repository.
- Learn to perform periodic user access reviews.
- Work with IT support to create ETL / ELT interfaces to the data lake and create and visualize the data and data products on the data lake
- Implement required data transformation in the data lake
- Configure required security and data masking to a data set
- Support testing of data acquisition, data set correlation, and / or model development. Investigate and resolve interface issues
- Work with IT to harden and productionize the model, model interfaces, and business procedures.
Position Qualifications :
- Training or degree in Data Analysis, Data Engineering or Statistical Modeling.
- At least 3-5 years of relevant work experience in implementing data and analytics projects.
- Experience in exploratory data analysis and how data analysis fits into an analytic lifecycle desired.
- Experience in metadata management with a metadata management tool (such as IBM Infosphere tool suite) is nice to have.
- Relevant IT or other technical experience in data analysis/mapping, logical and physical data modeling preferred.
- Multi-line Life Insurance and Annuity experience preferred for working with business to understand business impact for data issues
- The resources must have domain technical experience in delivering data engineering solutions using data lake technology.
- Experience with the following: Hadoop (CDH), relational databases and SQL, ETL development, spark, data validation and testing (Data Warehousing, ETL/ELT to the Data Lake, Using the Data Lake for data analysis (Hadoop tools – Hive, Impala, Pig, Sqoop, Hue, Kafka, etc., Python, R, java, Docker, Dakota).
- Knowledge of Cloud platform implementation (Azure or Amazon). Knowledge of data visualization tools is a plus (Tableau on multiple platforms along with Python visualization in the Data Lake using Pandas and bokeh packages)
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills, a must as there will be significant collaboration with the business and IT
- Experience with collaborative development workflows (e.g., Microsoft VSTS, TFS, Bamboo, Github)
Cognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 194 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @USJobsCognizant.
Cognizant is recognized as a Military Friendly Employer and is a coalition member of the Veteran Jobs Mission. Our Cognizant Veterans Network assists Veterans in building and growing a career at Cognizant that allows them to leverage the leadership, loyalty, integrity, and commitment to excellence instilled in them through participation in military service.
Cognizant is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender, identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to search for a job opening or submit an application, please email CareersNA2@cognizant.com with your request and contact information.