Sr. Software Engineer
Provide technical expertise and leadership to a large team (or multiple teams) dedicated to hardware/software/network technologies design and build activities (comprised of internal and vendor/contractor resources). Ensure activities are completed, validated, align with architectural objectives and requirements, and successfully to deploy into the production environment. Provide mentorship to team (including direct reports) ensuring optimization of designs/solutions. Champion standard processes and procedures. Provide troubleshooting for development and test environment issues. Responsibilities
- Provide technical expertise and leadership to a team of highly technical employees. Develop and maintain a high performing team through effective hiring, coaching, rigorous performance/talent management processes, and vendor partner management. Foster a collaborative, success-oriented team environment where resources are empowered and accountable. Provide work direction, delegation, and prioritization to team. Ensure compliance with company's policies, processes and procedures.
- Through partnership with leadership and effective management of team(s) (direct reports and contractors/vendors), deliver robust technical solutions, ensure that service level commitments and project time lines are maintained. Ensure successful project design, configuration, performance, implementation and outstanding service delivery. Oversee the technical correctness and completeness of artifacts/documentation associated with engineering designs; pro-actively identify and resolve issues/problems. Verify that build activities are complete per the approved engineering diagrams. Redirect build activities as necessary. Oversee the hand-off of design solutions and confirm testing and validation are executed prior to the final release of new and upgraded technologies.
- Provide thought leadership and significant influence to the continuous improvement of processes, policies and best practices to optimize performance and availability of technologies. Drive and develop consistent technical build, implementation and support processes. Verify designs are validated and adhere to defined standards. Ensure ongoing improvements align with standard process/service management principles and technology Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methods.
- Evaluate, troubleshoot and participate in root-cause analysis of development and test environment issues within technical area(s) of expertise. Once corrective action is identified, lead respective team to implement changes/improvements in designs/builds as necessary to prevent recurrence.
- Define, track and measure overall department performance and metrics. Complete and distribute (and/or over see activity) applicable reports, models, status updates, statistics, etc., to technology leadership as required. Provide proper escalation to leadership for issues/problems as necessary. Participate in the organization's strategic and financial planning process.
- Continuously develop specialized knowledge and technical subject matter expertise by remaining apprised of industry trends, the direction of emerging technologies, and their potential value to the business. Effectively present the value proposition of business-appropriate emerging technologies to technology leadership. Gain and maintain a broad understanding of business, business needs, and how assigned technologies/domain drive and support the business.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Engineering, related field, or equivalent relevant work experience.
- 7-10 years of relevant experienced required.
- Deep and broad technical background with 7-10+ years experience of progressive scope/impact/responsibility (including both hands-on and leadership roles) working with relevant enterprise technologies.
- 3-5+ years of project management experience with a proven track record for delivering projects and driving execution.
- Demonstrated experience and success in influencing, leading, and coaching without direct leadership responsibility.
- Demonstrated superior reasoning and troubleshooting skills.
- Technical skill requirements vary per domain.
- 2+ years of direct people-management experience to include performance management.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to translate technical information to non-technical audiences and vice versa.
- Experience working in a multi-vendor (outsourced) environment.
- Ability to negotiate or persuade others in complex situations.