- Waltham, MA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 22 Sep 17
Associate Business Analyst
Location: Waltham, MA, USAAnalyst will work hand in hand with project lead to manage client business and technical requirements within the required schedule, scope and budget. The analyst will work with clients to develop and manage to an implementation plan, define client requirements, configure and tune the application to client business and technical needs, train end users, create workflows and resolve any outstanding issues in order to take client live. The Analyst will be involved in, configuring and fine tuning the application as well as managing administrative aspects of the implementation project. The Analyst will assist in providing weekly, detailed project status to senior management and within the client, highlighting issues, scope changes, and progress against the client budget. The Analyst will document client requirements and help tailor workflows, ultimately transitioning the client to Client Support.
The successful candidate will be someone who has strong analytical skills, is comfortable working with all aspects of an organization and superior oral and written communication and interpersonal skills. A results oriented individual who has a proven track record or designing and implementing solutions to complex problems.
The Role / Responsibilities:
- Participate in Business Requirements review sessions
- Own the creation of Configuration Workbooks in accordance with approved BRD
- Own the creation of System Test Plan/ cases in accordance with approved Functional Specification.
- Own configuring system and performing unit tests
- Own setting up peer reviews for Configuration Workbooks and documenting any subsequent changes
- Own data assessment for quality purposes
- Own communicating status of the configuration phase
- Own end user support of UAT testing
- Own the testing of a release to ensure quality
- Participate in the Technical Specification walk-through.
- Adhere to implementation best practices as outlined in the System Development Life Cycle (process, documentation, approvals, etc.)
- Execute on the established estimates / budgets for tasks associated with the implementation
- Drive the process of User Acceptance (support the installation at client site, participate in developing training materials and administering training, support client during UAT through to Acceptance)
- Support the Sales team responding to questionnaires and assisting with product demonstrations.
The Department / Team
The Professional Services team provides for the implementation of Moody's Analytics' Issuer Tools and Solutions. This may include customization of the solutions, as well as development of bespoke solutions, on-site installation, configuration and training services.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Computer Science or related field required.
- Minimum of 2 to 3 years' experience in a Professional Services environment.
- Minimum of 2 to 3 years' experience in Structured Finance, preferably on the issuer side (client side mortgages, auto loans, servicing loans, originating loans, and/or securitization of loans).
- Working knowledge of RDBMS (Relational Database Management Systems) concepts.
- Possesses a strong understanding of System Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Hands on experience implementing investment management software, preferably in the structure product industry.
- Strong track record of successful and timely delivery of technical projects preferably in a fast paced consultancy environment.
- Understanding of technical concepts, development techniques, operating systems and database subsystems such as SQL Server.
- Proven problem solving skills in a technical environment.
- Clear written and verbal communication skills with an ability to communicate complex business and technical concepts to a senior audience.
- A strong client focused orientation with the drive and enthusiasm required to achieve results and assume customer satisfaction.
- SQL query writing experience a plus.
- Report Writing experience a plus.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.