Summer 2021 Software Engineering Internship, Charles River Development, Intern
Summer 2021 Software Engineering Internship, Charles River Development, Intern Who we are looking for: Why this role is important to us:
The team you will be joining is a part of Charles River Development (or CRD), that became a part of State Street in 2018. CRD helps create enterprise investment management software solutions for large institutions in the areas of institutional investment, wealth management and hedge funds. Together we have created the first open front-to-back platform - State Street Alpha - that was launched in 2019.
Join us if delivering next generation infrastructure, using emerging technologies like AI and Blockchain, sounds like a challenge you are up for.
The Software Engineer Intern will work directly within one of our product development groups in our engineering team. Our software engineering team is made up of 170+ of the top Software and QA Engineers in the industry. The Intern will work with one or more specific modules of the product and several instrument types (i.e., equity, fixed income, derivatives, FX, etc.).
The Software Engineer Intern will assist in developing the user interface (C#) and/or related server side systems (Java) of the Charles River Investment Management System. They will also champion quality and be responsible for the verification and validation process for Charles River products. This role promotes growth in technical areas, as well as expertise in the financial market space. What you will be responsible for:
As a Software Engineer Intern, Charles River Development, Intern
What we value:
- Writing programs in Java/C#
- Bug fixing in Java/C#/SQL
- Creating, executing, and monitoring Java unit and automation tests within framework
- Writing and running performance scripts
- Assisting with data mappings for interfaces
- Validating system enhancements, fixes, and user workflows
- Maintaining development and test environments by upgrading and maintaining databases and servers
- Gaining experience in a number of financial areas, including: trade order management, portfolio management, fixed income, compliance, equity, derivatives, real time pricing, analytics, etc.
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
Education & Preferred Qualifications:
- Some level of programming skills in Java, C#, SQL, Perl, XML, etc.
- Exposure to some of the following concepts: object oriented programming, data structures, software engineering techniques, quality assurance, parallel programming, databases, networking, etc.
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to adapt to change and learn new skills quickly
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Any exposure to the financial industry a strong plus but not required
- Flexibility and ability to work in a very fast paced environment
About State Street What we do.
- Enrollment in a Computer Science undergraduate or graduate program at a leading college or university
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at www.StateStreet.com/careers