Director, Apps Support Sr Group Manager - C15
The Apps Support Sr Group Manager manages multiple teams through other managers. In-depth understanding of how own sub-function contributes to achieving the objectives of the function. A good understanding of the industry, direct competitors' products and services, is also necessary in order to contribute to the commercial objectives of the business. Requires thorough understanding of strategic direction of the function within the relevant part of the business, combined with a solid conceptual/practical grounding in both the function and/or area of expertise and related subject areas. Excellent communication skills required in order to negotiate internally, often at a senior level. Some external communication/negotiation may be necessary. Responsible for executing functional strategy in area managed. Determines approach to implementing functional strategy. Accountable for end results, budgeting, planning, policy formulation and contribution to future strategy of the area(s). Impact reflects size of team managed, strategic influence on the business and interaction with other functions or businesses. Full management responsibility for multiple teams, including management of people, budget and planning, to include duties such as performance evaluation, compensation, hiring, disciplinary actions and terminations and budget approval. May be doing involved or responsible for diverse (cross-discipline) activities. Typically, a direct report to a C16 role and function as an integral member of the functional leadership team within a country/site location, job family, or line of business.
- Define and owns end to end production support across all technology teams for application portfolio. Ensure the right level of sponsorship and ongoing governance is in place to drive stability improvements. .
- Drive end to end prioritization, scoping, business case development, requirements management and project execution through to implementation of the key priorities that form the GFTS strategy.
- Manage all critical dependencies and execution risks for the portfolio
- Drive a culture of accountability into the teams, including business partner functions.
- Allow the production support managers to focus on execution of their discrete pieces of work, whilst ensuring that the end to end context is kept in mind, and that the appropriate end to end process and technical architectural principles are continually reinforced
- Engage peers in both the business partner facing and horizontal roles to ensure that we drive stability to meet business objectives
- Lead communication and reporting for all large scale change, including with business partners and sponsors
- Persuades and influences others through communication and diplomacy skills; may negotiate with external parties.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- Applies in-depth understanding of concepts and procedures within own area and basic knowledge of other areas to resolve issues that have impact beyond own area.
- Establishes strategic plans for function.
- Evaluates subordinates' performance and makes decisions on pay increases, hiring, terminations and other personnel actions.
- Management responsibility for a team or multiple teams, including management of people, budget and planning, performance evaluation, compensation, hiring, disciplinary actions and terminations and budget approval.
- Ensure team adheres to standard methodologies and process including driving compliance to clockwork, resilience and capacity planning
- Set measurable / challenging goals for self and team ensuring continuous improvement and self-development of staff
- Ensure development plans are in place for staff
- 10+ years of progressive senior technology leadership experience in the financial industry or a related field with a strong understanding/focus on Banking
- 10+ years of experience in Information Technology organizations with expertise in the full Technology Delivery Lifecycle (10+ years), Software Development Lifecycle including Program and Project delivery.
- 8+ years of driving total quality improvement programs across Global IT operations
- Must have experience who has effectively formed, managed and executed on a technology strategy focusing end to end delivering solutions which are fully aligned to business capabilities.
- Must have expert level background in running large mission critical IT operations environments leveraging industry best practice methods
- Demonstrated hands-on experience in Project Management principles and software development lifecycle practices and methodology; successfully building and managing a Program Management Office; successful Project/Program management delivery and execution.
- Strong knowledge on production support operating models and roles. Strong knowledge of UNIX, Java, J2EE and Oracle PL/SQL is preferred
- Advanced level experience in an Apps Support role with extensive experience in business, functional and people management.
- Manage the identification of risks which impact program delivery and ensure mitigation strategies are developed and executed when necessary
- Successful track record as a change leader in a large and complex environment
- Strong talent focus and ability to successfully recruit and develop experts from leading organizations
- Ability to engage and influence stakeholders at all levels within an organization, from the most technical engineer to the most savvy business / executive leader
- Possess uncompromising ethics, unwavering integrity and understanding of risk & regulatory process, as well as outstanding communications and interpersonal skills
- Broad financial expertise with knowledge of corporate affairs, financial and economic fundamentals, and business policies, products, processes, systems and roles
- Great at mentoring, coaching as well as being a diversity champion
- Dynamic, engaging style with excellent written and oral communication across different audiences
- Strong analytical, strategic thinking and communication skills - must have ability to synthesize, develop and present clear and concise recommendations
- Collaborative and team player, ensuring overall business success
- Exceptional influencing skills with sound judgment and decision making skills
- Experience supporting systems within the Finance and/or Risk sectors is preferred. (P&L Reporting, Credit, Risk)
- Ability to work independently and take personal initiative. Must be able to identify issues / tasks that need to be addressed and take them up spontaneously.
- Responsible to assess the risk and associated impact of all operational issues and change events and react quickly to escalate to technology management in a timely manner when required.
- Demonstrated experience in large systems operations and managing to metrics and SLA's.
- Develops and maintains effective and positive working relationship with peers, stakeholders and management
- Manager of managers in a diverse distributed environment
- Demonstrable track record of impactful organizational improvement
- Demonstrable senior Application Support or project management experience relating to distributed teams and managing managers
- Bachelor's/University degree or equivalent work experience ( Master's degree preferred and managerial experience)
Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - US
Time Type :
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE .
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster CLICK HERE . To view the EEO is the Law Supplement CLICK HERE .
To view the EEO Policy Statement CLICK HERE .
To view the Pay Transparency Posting CLICK HERE .