Apps Dev Support Manager– Irving –AVP/C12 (R2040339)
This role is needed to co-ordinate and manage environments to ensure RUBY can continue to support 24/7 operations for our global clients. This role will provide L2/L3 development support for onshore and offshore teams. This role will develop metrics based framework to monitor and control risks in a proactive manner while ensuring RUBY meets all compliance and audit requirements. The Applications Development Support Manager provides full leadership and supervisory responsibility for on and off shore Development Support organization. This will be a leadership role which will provide operational/service leadership and direction to on and off shore team(s). Responsibilities:
- Production issues triaging between development, production support and development support to resolve issues within SLA.
- Follow up with Production Support team for all issues and RCA
- Keep track of all recurring issues and ensuring that recurring issues are fixed strategically at application level
- Keep track of amount of work required on application support and how to reduce the technical debt.
- Create application module wise score cards covering all the basic metrics
- Provide L2 & L3 support with help from Development team
- Review appdynamics reports regularly to check environment health.
- Release and deployments to non-controlled environments. Controlled environment release only by PS.
- First line of defense for Dev Team for any environment issues
- First line of defense for Release Management team for non-controlled environments
- First line of defense for Prod Support team for controlled environments where they need help.
- First line of defense for users/ops team where they need help that requires more analysis
- Should provide signoff on each release to the release management team for all NFRs e.g. automation, performance etc. Module wise score card should be included per release
- Documenting all information up to date on JIRA/Confluence around the development support activities.
- Manages an apps development support team.
- Oversees process for technical issue escalation; prioritizes technical issue resolution.
- Ensures resource gaps are addressed as a priority to avoid business service disruption.
- Oversees resolution of major system outages ensuring communication to interested parties.
- Start of day checks, continuous monitoring, and regional handover.
- Provides technical oversight across systems and applications; leverages skills across apps support area.
- Active involvement in and ownership of Support Project items, covering Stability, Efficiency, and Effectiveness initiatives.
- Applies good understanding of concepts and procedures within own apps support area to resolve issues.
- Provides evaluative judgment based on analysis of factual information in complicated and unique situations.
- Responsible for delivery of end results and contributes to planning, budget management and formulation of procedures which directly impacts the apps support area; influences resource planning.
- Participate in application releases, from development, testing and deployment into production.
- Perform post release checkouts after application releases and infrastructure updates.
- Develop and maintain technical support documentation.
- Persuades and influences others through strong communication and diplomacy skills; may negotiate with external parties
- Evaluates subordinates' performance and makes decisions on pay increases, hiring, terminations and other personnel actions
- Performs other duties and functions as assigned
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- 3+ years experience in an Apps Production or Development Support lead role with commensurate people management experience.
- 3+ years Application Development experience is required (preferably with Unix/Java).
- 3+ years experience with key platforms e.g. RLM Automated Deployments, BitBucket, JIRA, Jenkins, Networking (load balancers), Web & App Servers, Security Certification, ServiceNow is needed to exceed in this role.
- Must have with real-time monitoring systems
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
- Must show confidence in all communications so that key stake holders are not doubtful of the information being communicated
- Effective prioritization skills and high energy.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, great teammate
- Issue tracking and reporting using tools
- Effectively share information with other support team members and with other technology teams
- Ability to plan and organize workload
- Ability to communicate appropriately to relevant stakeholder
Job Family Group:
- Bachelor's/University degree or equivalent experience
Technology Job Family:
Applications Support Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting