*Testing Senior Manager
The Testing Senior Manager accomplishes results through the management of professional team(s) and department(s). Integrates subject matter and industry expertise within a defined area. Contributes to standards around which others will operate. Requires in-depth understanding of how areas collectively integrate within the sub-function as well as coordinate and contribute to the objectives of the entire function. Responsibilities:
- Manage a team and direct the development, testing, and implementation of environment support, change control services, Service Virtualization, and Process Governance for Citi's business-critical Consumer technologies used throughout the company's NAM operations.
- Direct the development and implementation of Citi's Environment Change Control Services and Helpline capabilities to North America Applications, including the design, development, and release of improved database, mainframe services, middleware services for Citi's NAM Consumer operations.
- Responsible for ensuring that Citi's NAM Consumer systems and applications maintain ongoing availability and are capable of performing at the high capacity required by Citi's NAM Consumer businesses define change management processes, procedures, and policies for the development and implementation of critical support environments for Citi's NAM Consumer technologies.
- Establishing the change management, incident management, project management, and governance functions for key DevOps strategic initiatives in order to facilitate enhanced environmental stability and control incidents and to ensure ongoing operational efficiency for Citi's NAM Consumer systems, platforms, and applications.
- Determine service levels, budgetary distributions, and operational timelines and deliverables for the technical projects
- Establish new processes and procedures to meet the evolving technology needs of Citi's NAM Consumer businesses, and will continue to identify new opportunities to optimize existing solutions.
- Set project approaches, including capacity planning and forecasting, as well as resource allocation and deployment timelines.
- Establish individual and team tasks and goals, including defining and reviewing deliverables and setting targets for application availability and service levels.
- Manage the Release Test Management team which is responsible for the creation and maintenance of the Release calendar, Batch schedules, and Release Level Defect Management for NAM.
- Strives for continuous improvements and streamlining of processes.
- Ensures consistency and quality of processes across the organization.
- Deals with complex and highly variable issues.
- Collaborates with client leads and development organizations and partners with business users.
- Evaluates subordinates' performance and makes decisions on pay increases, promotions, terminations, etc.
- Analyzes trends at an organizational level to improve processes; follows and analyzes industry trends.
- Exhibits in-depth understanding of concepts and procedures within own area and basic knowledge of these elements in other areas.
- Requires in-depth understanding of how own area integrates within IT testing and has basic commercial awareness.
- Uses evaluative judgment in complicated or novel situations, uses multiple sources of information. Impacts IT testing through delivery of end results and contribution to planning, finances/budget and formulation of policies.
- Management responsibility for a team or multiple teams, including management of people, budget and planning, performance evaluation, compensation, hiring, disciplinary actions and terminations and budget approval.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- 6-10 years project management experience or experience leading large scale transformational, global change.
- In-depth understanding of Systems Development Life Cycle processes
- Thorough understanding of end to end testing processes, Quality Center and other testing related tools
- Requires communication and diplomacy skills and an ability to persuade and influence.
Job Family Group:
- Bachelor's/University degree, Master's degree preferred
Technology Job Family:
Technology Quality Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting