Senior Controls Intern/Analyst
Internal Controls Analyst/Senior Analyst Los Angeles/en-US/Oaktree/job/Los-Angeles/Senior-Analyst_2020-240/apply
Scope and Responsibilities
The Internal Controls Senior Analyst will be responsible for providing support to the Vice President and Managing Director of Internal Controls. Work involves leading or conducting internal control audit projects and providing input into development of the annual internal controls plan.
- Assisting in identifying and evaluating the organizations financial reporting risk areas and providing input on the planning and scoping of the annual internal controls audit;
- Performing internal control procedures, including understanding and documenting client processes and procedures, identifying and defining issues, conducting testing, and concluding on testing results;
- Conducting interviews and walkthroughs, reviewing documents and evidence, and preparing working papers;
- Identifying, developing and documenting internal control issues and recommendations using independent judgment concerning areas being reviewed;
- Communicating the results of internal control projects via written reports and verbal presentations to management;
- Developing and maintaining productive relationships through individual contacts and meetings;
- Pursuing professional development opportunities via professional associations and internal/external training; and
- Performing various other tasks and projects as required.
- 4-6 years audit experience, experience on SOX compliance and/or SOC 1 engagements strongly preferred;
- Ability to apply accounting principles and practices, management principles and preferred business practices;
- Proven capability in collecting and analyzing complex data, evaluating information and systems and drawing logical conclusions;
- Track record in planning and project management and in maintaining composure under pressure while meeting deadlines;
- Strong skills in resolving problems and negotiating issues; and
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products including, Word, Excel, Outlook and other business software to prepare reports, memos and summaries.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong initiative and a self-starter with a proven ability to work with minimal supervision; and
- Flexible and team-oriented with strong integrity and professionalism.
Bachelors degree in accounting required. A CPA or CIA is preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employment Policy
Oaktree is committed to diversity and to equal opportunity employment. Oaktree does not make employment decisions on the basis of race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, past or present physical or mental disability, HIV status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, veteran status, military service, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic violence victim status or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state and local laws and ordinances. This policy applies to hiring, placement, internal promotions, training, opportunities for advancement, recruitment advertising, transfers, demotions, layoffs, terminations, recruitment advertising, rates of pay and other forms of compensation and all other terms, conditions and privileges of employment.
This policy applies to all Oaktree applicants, employees, clients, and contractors.
Posted 2 Days AgoFull time2020-240
At Oaktree, we focus on hiring individuals with intelligence, dedication, team spirit, integrity and a strong work ethic. We welcome the opportunity to speak with talented professionals who have relevant credentials and experience in investments, marketing and client relations, accounting, legal, compliance, information technology, administrative support and other relevant areas.