Intern, Client Relations and Closed-end Portfolio Analytics, Risk & Reporting Los Angeles/en-US/Oaktree/job/Los-Angeles/Intern--Client-Relations-and-Closed-end-Portfolio-Analytics--Risk---Reporting_2020-255/apply
The summer 2021 internship offers a rotation between Client Relations and the Closed-end Portfolio Analytics, Risk & Reporting (PARR) team. Client Relations comprises our Client Services, Diligence Services and Product Management functions. Closed-end PARR is responsible for reporting and analytics that support Oaktrees portfolio management teams, clients, related consultants and prospects.
Key responsibilities for this internship include:
- Supporting key strategic initiatives for Client Relations and Closed-end PARR;
- Supporting critical business operations in support of Oaktrees clients, prospects and internal stakeholders;
- Learning about the companys complex, systematic investment process, markets invested in, financial instruments used and the reporting processes that support Oaktrees portfolio management teams, clients, related consultants and prospects;
- Mastering system technology to learn to create data extracts for reporting purposes;
- Reviewing financial data for various Oaktree portfolios and developing charts and tables for presentations and publications;
- Preparing a large number of ad hoc and quarterly standard reports and participating in the research, design and creation of new reports as needed; and
- Assisting Reporting & Analytics Leads with data needs and research to support reporting processes and execution.
- Applicable work experience at an Asset Management company, Investment Bank or other related financial services company preferred.
- A strong interest in finance, be highly analytical and be willing to learn a great deal about a large number of diversified investment strategies;
- Advanced Excel skills pivot tables, macros, what-if statements; Experience managing and manipulating large amounts of data in Microsoft Excel.
- Comfortable and capable of working with portfolio managers, client service representatives, and accountants.
- Outstanding initiative and a strong work ethic.
- Ability to operate independently on short and long term goals.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to leverage firm wide resources in an effective and judicious manner.
- Detail-oriented and a natural problem solver; have the resolve to independently research problems and offer solutions.
- Organized and able to manage multiple projects with differing priorities to meet deadlines.
- Team-oriented and must possess strong integrity and professionalism and share Oaktrees common goal of excellence.
- Passion for improving systems and processes.
Rising junior or senior enrolled in a Bachelors degree program from a top university with a major in Economics, Business, Mathematics, Engineering or another related field
Equal Opportunity Employment Policy
Oaktree is committed to diversity and to equal opportunity employment. Oaktree does not make employment decisions on the basis of race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, past or present physical or mental disability, HIV status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, veteran status, military service, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic violence victim status or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state and local laws and ordinances. This policy applies to hiring, placement, internal promotions, training, opportunities for advancement, recruitment advertising, transfers, demotions, layoffs, terminations, recruitment advertising, rates of pay and other forms of compensation and all other terms, conditions and privileges of employment.
This policy applies to all Oaktree applicants, employees, clients, and contractors.
Posted 2 Days AgoFull time2020-255
At Oaktree, we focus on hiring individuals with intelligence, dedication, team spirit, integrity and a strong work ethic. We welcome the opportunity to speak with talented professionals who have relevant credentials and experience in investments, marketing and client relations, accounting, legal, compliance, information technology, administrative support and other relevant areas.