At Lloyds Banking Group, we're motivated by a clear purpose - to Help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities.
We're seeing the unprecedented changes in the banking sector brought about by shifts in technology, our customers' changing preferences and the evolving and regulatory environment. So we're adapting, innovating and responding at pace to ensure we can continue become the best bank for customers.
Insurance and Wealth helps personal and business customers with their long-term protection, retirement and investment needs. We support around 10 million customers with assets under administration of £155 billion and annuity payments in retirement of over £1 billion every year.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Scottish Widows Distribution team which is part of the Insurance and Wealth Division of Lloyds Banking Group. This modern and flexible role plays an integral part in the Division's intermediary relationship strategy of 'taking on your client's future together'. You will achieve this by leading your Regional Business Unit, creating a business plan and working collaboratively with your Account Manager and Regional Support Consultant colleagues.
As a Scottish Widows Business Development Manager, you will play a key role in developing our proposition by sharing the feedback you receive from your relationships. Further, there is the opportunity to discuss marketing and training packages and to develop a business case for potential investment from the business where you see future growth opportunities.
Reporting to the Intermediary Distribution Manager, we'll need you to be based out of the North East region of England for this role, however you will have the flexibility of working from home. The role allows you to balance its demands with those of your family as we encourage you and all colleagues to own the planning and prioritisation of your workload to meet the needs of your accounts alongside your wider day to day responsibilities.
Our ideal Business Development Manager will:
- Grow market share within your region by developing new opportunities and deepening existing relationships. Develop and implement multi-level contact strategies for Key Accounts and engage fully at a business to business level.
- Formulate and implement an effective business plan to include appropriate strategies for the growth and retention of your accounts. This will include a detailed understanding of the people, business strategy, goals and decision-making behaviour of each Intermediary.
- Identify and explore business opportunities with your Intermediaries to create mutual business benefit
- Clearly communicate the Scottish Widows retirement, protection and workplace propositions and ensure full understanding of these with your accounts. Identify other areas where the wider LBG can support your accounts
- Comply with specified risk and compliance procedures and practises ensuring that you are always operating within Lloyds Banking Group policies.
To deliver this role effectively, you'll need:
- Experience of working in financial services, preferably pensions.
- Exceptional business development skills
- Excellent presentation and communication skills including both face to face, telephone and in virtual environments.
- A strong understanding of market insight. Particularly the Intermediary market, including regulatory, technical and legislative changes and opportunities
- Achievement of CII/PFS Level 4 Qualification (or working towards)
This role provides the scope to work flexibly, develop personally and professionally and work collaboratively with a results-oriented team to transform our colleague experience and bring to life the Group's vision of being the Best Bank for Customers & colleagues.
We're an equal opportunity employer and deeply value diversity within our organisation.
Together we make it possible.