Chirag Raichura (FINANCE)
Valuation Methodology Policy Control Director – 12 Month FTC - London
Global Investment Bank is currently searching for an experienced valuation control professional to join their Valuation Methodology Policy function. This role is a 12 month maternity cover which is likely to be converted to a permanent role at the end of the tenure.
- Ownership of the valuation control framework across all areas of price verification, valuation adjustments, valuation uncertainty and wider governance aspects.
- Developing and drafting formal policies, technical papers and governance documents that support the valuation control environment.
- Support the development of a strong valuation control framework and the application of consistent valuation methodologies.
- Key point of contact to Valuation Control managers across multiple asset classes and locations.
- Creation of new controls and overseeing their implementation.
- Lead initiatives and interact with management to develop and propose solutions to complex technical challenges or control issues
- Support the management and delivery of various valuation governance forums
- Coordinate global valuation methodology projects and initiatives, tracking progress of key projects against deadlines, including regulatory and audit actions.
- Proven experience in a valuation policy & governance role – including the development and drafting of formal policies – Essential
- Strong understanding of current global accounting and regulatory developments pertaining to valuation of financial instruments - Essential
- Strong understanding of valuation control principles
- Mathematical academic background ideally to MSc level
- An ability to understand complex concepts and effectively challenge peers in Finance, Risk and the Business
- An understanding of derivative and securities products and different models used for valuation
This role will involve regular interaction with key stakeholders across the bank and it is therefore essential you are able to demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills. The position is a unique opportunity to join a rapidly growing function in a very high profile position for the bank.