- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 23 Sep 17
Location: London, England, United Kingdom
The candidate must be very motivated and willing to take on challenges, learn new concepts and be willing to multi-task to succeed. This role will report into the global lead for Public Cloud Services within the Infrastructure Services organization working with a team of engineers and consultants. There is an exciting multi-year, IT Transformation Program, focused on re-engineering core ratings publishing technology, business process and workflow optimization, updated content management systems, document management systems and analytic platform frameworks. Moody's Analytics is experiencing infrastructure growth rates of around 35% annually, and there is a big move towards consuming public Cloud infrastructure on AWS and Azure. This role will work in conjunction with engineering tower leads within IT (Infrastructure Services, IT Risk, and Development) and the development organizations within the lines of businesses to over migration of systems from current Data Centers to the Cloud as well as oversee the engineering of server Operating Systems. Below are some core responsibilities of this role.
- Facilitate integration of Cloud services with on premise private cloud
- Manage a team of engineers responsible for Product Engineering of Windows and Unix server platforms including lifecycle management, system hardening, etc.
- Develop and clearly document solutions to facilitate migration of workloads from current data centers to AWS and Azure public clouds
- Create and improve architecture and design documentation standards
- Responsible for detailed, high-quality documentation and/or presentations that meet the needs of the various stakeholders
- Guide DevOps teams with assessing Cloud readiness of applications and remediation where required
- Publish and maintain a multiyear roadmap for migration to public/hybrid cloud
- Lead detailed engineering design and related activities that cross multiple Infrastructure Engineering disciplines
- Contribute to the multi-year Infrastructure direction and strategy around technologies, tools, capabilities and operating models
- Maintaining a strong understanding of MIT Infrastructure Services Catalog and the Infrastructure Strategy as well as infrastructure capabilities and capacity
- Previous experience with infrastructure Engineering and Operations management
- Good understanding of various infrastructure areas such as Server, Virtualization, Storage, Infrastructure Applications, Database and Middleware, Network and Security
- Very good working knowledge of AWS and Azure public cloud services
- Experience working in Agile SDLC with sprints and daily stand-ups.
- Experience with development of fault tolerant, redundant, and scalable solutions. Solid grasp of high availability, load balancing, disaster recovery solutions, replication and automation technologies
- Technical solution documentation skills including use of Microsoft Visio
- Experience with modern source control software such as Git or SVN.
- Understanding of operational security concepts for Public Cloud
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Ability to learn quickly and draw meaningful conclusions from independent research
- Ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects
- Ability to understand and analyze client requirements and provide appropriate solutions
This is a challenging position within the Engineering team of Infrastructure Services, a group within Moody's Information Technology. Reporting up to Moody's Chief Information Officer, Infrastructure Services leads all aspects of the company's global engineering, service management, network, branch office delivery, end user services and delivery of hosting, environment management and production support services. We support over 200 bespoke applications operating from 5 key private cloud data centers along with public cloud facilities. Infrastructure has invested significantly in ITIL-based service management, best practice information security, software and hardware to enable Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service cloud-based architectures
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering or Equivalent area of study
- Industry Certification in relevant area is a plus
- Minimum 8 years' experience in IT industry in relevant area, with at least 2 years' experience with Public Clouds, preferably Azure and AWS
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.