Technical Program Manager
DESCRIPTION Prime Video is changing the way millions of customers interact with video content. The Prime Video team delivers high-quality instant video to Amazon customers through subscriptions (Amazon Prime) as well as purchases and rentals. Amazon believes so deeply in the mission of Prime Video that we've launched our own studio to create original and exclusive content. Every day we face the challenges of a fast-paced market and expanding technology set. As a member of the Video team, you will be a technical leader spending your time making the Prime Video product and it's features best in class.
Technical Program Managers (TPM) at Prime Video work with multiple teams and services across the world, helping build software products and features from the ground up. You coordinate, plan, track and communicate complex work streams, ensuring our teams have what they need to progress and deliver the right thing at the right time. Your responsibilities include all aspects of the program management process from initial requirements gathering, scoping, through implementation to launch. You will have the freedom and encouragement to explore your own ideas and improvements with the reward of seeing your contributions benefit millions of Amazon.com customers worldwide.
Video Commerce Platform - Watch and Buy leaders help create global, low latency, high scale services - think hundreds of thousands of transactions per second. We drive customer content entitlement ("Watch Now") and present purchase options ("Buy Now") including video on demand offers, live sporting events, and signing up for premium channels and Amazon Prime. Our teams are highly visible and our services are fundamental to the Prime Video experience.
Video Commerce Platform - Watch and Buy offers the opportunity to innovate with direct customer and financial impact on Prime Video worldwide. You'll help us deliver our next generation of services in a collaborative environment while building skills to develop your own career. A successful candidate will have a background in software development on scalable infrastructure and/or consumer-facing products, strong technical ability, solid communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment. A passion for TV and film also doesn't hurt. As an Amazon Technical Program Manager, you will be front and center in the development, launching, and operation of key software from front-end UI to highly scalable distributed systems built on AWS infrastructure.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • System design experience
• Technical program management experience
• Experience working directly with engineering teams
• Experience owning roadmap strategy and definition
• Experience managing programs across cross functional teams, building processes and coordinating release schedules
• Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience.
• Experience working in an Agile environment.
• Strong analytical and excellent problem solving skills.
• Strong written and verbal English communications skills.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • Excellent communication and persuasion skills; demonstrated success building innovation and vision
• Experience operating in a global environment, ideally within a similar streaming or advertising domain
• Comfortable understanding and discussing architectural concepts, schedule trade-offs and new opportunities with technical teams
• Able to make customer experience versus time-to-market trade-offs; experience using data and metrics to back up assumptions and assertions of business value
• Exercise bias for action; ability to juggle multiple priorities and create a sense of urgency in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
• Prior experience leading cross-functional teams through influence versus direct management; excellent interpersonal skills
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify, and build.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use, and transfer the personal data of our candidates.