Accountabilities / Competencies
Client Service Management
- Being attentive to clients' needs, delivering on promises but also successfully managing expectations.
- Perform in line with agreed SLAs within the tax team.
- Offering sector-specific, multi-jurisdictional (where required) tailored advice and guidance to clients.
- Handling a wide range of tax compliance matters for the client portfolio including personal tax returns, partnership returns and corporation tax returns.
- Completion of tax returns and tax reporting for individuals and onshore and offshore companies.
- Responding to HMRC and client enquiries regarding their personal and corporation tax affairs.
- Corresponding with HMRC, clients and other third parties regarding the on-going management of the clients' tax affairs.
- Dealing with on-boarding of new clients, registering clients for annual tax filings and dealing with the closure of corporate entities, filing final tax returns and de-registration.
- Working closely with senior staff to develop advisory and technical tax planning skills.
- Confidently deal with client enquires, producing explanatory letters regarding HMRC.
- Identifying tax planning and/or tax relief opportunities when analysing data to prepare tax returns.
- Filing P11D's, notifying clients when payments are due, arranging repayments and maintaining schedules of tax information for each client.
- Assisting with the billing and ensuring that the internal client workflow records are up-to-date.
- The individual will have exposure to EU and international tax planning advisory work with the opportunity to take on more advisory responsibility in the future.
- Working collaboratively with other departments including legal, investments, accounts and pensions to provide a comprehensive service to clients.
- Aid in producing, reviewing and finalising accounts within 3 months of year end.
- Working collaboratively with auditors in completing audits.
- Fully accountable for your own: utilisation of 1,500 hours per annum, delivering value to clients; efficient billing and maintenance of your work and progress; cash collection of all your clients, to ensure they are paid within the agreed payment terms; working capital management to include control of work in progress, billing and cash collection.
- Ability to assist with HMRC enquiries and prepare correspondence.
- Strong collaborative skills, with the ability to build effective relationships with all subject matter experts and stakeholders across Wilton.
- Ability to deliver in line with Wilton's Service Level Agreements, providing high quality service to our clients.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills.
- Competent numeracy and literacy skills with high attention to detail - able to write reports and interpret relevant data.
- Strong IT skills with previous exposure to tax, legal or finance professional software products
- Ability to be discrete and maintain necessary confidentiality in undertaking of the role.
- Accuracy and excellent attention to detail
- Good time management skills, ability to work under pressure and manage workload to efficiently meet strict deadlines
- Organised, pro-active and able to make decisions supported by explanations
- ATT qualified or equivalent
- Degree Educated or equivalent
- PQE of at least 3 years.
- Audit practising certificate holder (desirable).
- Evidence of Continuing Professional Development, maintaining know-how and keeping up-to-date with new tax legislation
- Previous tax experience in a professional services firm
- Experience of audits, property, manufacturing, regulated financial services, captive insurance and luxury asset management would be advantageous.
Randstad Financial & Professional encourage applications from individuals of all ages & backgrounds. Appointment will be made on merit alone but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK. Randstad Financial & Professional acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment & an employment business for temporary recruitment as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Business Regulations 2003