Miryco Consultants are working with a highly reputable professional practice in the London market who are looking to add to their growing and incredibly successful Insurance audit function. This firm is one of the largest providers of external and internal audit services to the UK insurance industry. This is the perfect opportunity for a qualified ACA/ACCA with 3-7 years experience to broaden their skillset by becoming involved on various projects across the Financial Service. A highly competitive package is on offer, dependent on experience (£45-80K).
Responsibilities dependent on level will include:
As an audit senior you will work on a range of audit assignments and be responsible for:
- Audit planning
- Audit budgeting
- Audit role assignment
- Performing/effectively delegating work to junior members of the audit team.
- Provide excellent on the job training to junior members of the firm
- Reviewing work of junior team members.
- Advise the manager of any developments that may lead to a change in strategy.
- Work with audit deadlines.
- Clear manager and partner review points and follow up any outstanding queries diligently.
- Respond to all client queries in a timely and professional manner; and
- Provide knowledgeable advice to clients and demonstrate in-depth understanding of business issues.
- ACCA/ACA, or equivalent, qualified.
- External commercial auditing experience required, particularly in compliance with International Standards on Auditing (ISAs).
- Experience working in Financial Services external audit is preferred but not essential.
- Performance of statutory audits and half year review engagements in compliance with UK Auditing Standards from the planning process through to completion, reporting directly to manager and engagement partner.
- Preparation of statutory financial reports in compliance with UK GAAP and IFRS
- Preparation of cash flow statements and consolidated financial statements.
- Documentation and assessment of internal control procedures, including board report preparation.
- Training, supervision, and coordination of junior team members.
- Experience of client liaison from the planning stage up to point of audit completion, identifying opportunities to provide added value.
Salary: Between £45k - £80k (DOE) plus competitive package.
“Please note, our client is unable to offer sponsorship for this opportunity. Finally, should you not be contacted within five working days of submitting your application, then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the opportunity. We will however, be in touch should there be any other opportunities of potential interest that are suiting to your skills. “
For similar roles, please visit www.miryco.com