Senior C++ Engineer - TickerPlant (Contractor)
The Ticker Plant team builds software that handles over 80 billion unique Market Data events every day. These are processed, stored and distributed to the Bloomberg Terminal and our Enterprise clients, all within tight latency constraints. Market Data is information - trades, quotes, and other pricing data - gathered from around the world on every possible kind of financial instrument, from stocks and bonds to currencies and commodities.
You will be working on the SmartTick Linux project, which will satisfy a major business priority of porting our flagship market data engine to a state-of-the art, Linux-based cluster platform. This will involve: - Researching and implementing porting techniques
- Design and development of end-to-end automated testing infrastructure
- Refactoring, rewriting or retiring components as appropriate
- Demonstrating fitness for purpose on the new platform Who are you?
- A skilled and experienced C++ software engineer who enjoys solving complex and challenging problems.
- Someone who, against many unknowns, is able to research and understand often complex and convoluted parts of the system and effectively untangle and fix any problems.
- An engineer with a mindset for maintaining and improving software capital with an emphasis on testing and quality assurance. You'll need to have: - Strong C++ developer experience on UNIX/Linux
- Experience in all phases of the software development life cycle (design, implementation, test, deployment and maintenance in production)
- A strong testing mindset with the versatility to do what's needed
- Strong communication skills We'd love to see:
- Experience of large scale migrations of legacy systems to a new machine architectures
- Experience with debugging tools e.g. gdb, dbx, etc
- Experience in Python If this sounds like you, apply!
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We have a lot of opportunities to choose from in Engineering, and it is important to us that your skills and experience align best with the team you are interviewing with. To help ensure you are placed on the right team, your application will be considered for all of our current vacancies in Engineering at the first stage of the interview process. *Please note that this role falls within IR35*