Would you like to join a team of physical security professionals and conduct security operations in Amazon Web Services (AWS) spaces? The AWS Security Operations Centre (SOC) is looking for motivated individuals to work as Associate AWS SOC Analyst that embodies Amazon's 14 leadership principles and especially strong in Customer Obsession, Bias for Action, and Earns Trust.
Amazon Web Services is a dynamic and rapidly growing business within Amazon.com. We provide a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world. We provide organisations with building block web services that allow them to innovate faster and operate their software more cost-effectively. These services-in-the-cloud include on-demand compute capacity, storage, content delivery, querying of structured data, message queuing, and more. The AWS team is building and delivering the next generation of cloud computing that supports public AWS offerings like S3, EC2, and CloudFront. We are innovating new ways of building massively scalable distributed systems.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
WHAT DOES A SOC ANALYST DO AT AMAZON?
As an Associate AWS SOC Analyst, you will employ physical security strategies and procedures in accordance with service level agreements concerning AWS security processes. You will work within the AWS SOC while responding to physical security events affecting or threatening AWS physical infrastructure, associates, operations, and assets worldwide. Daily responsibilities include physical access control administration, monitoring physical access control systems, data entry, and dispatching when necessary. You will also manage email, phone communications, generate and/or manage trouble tickets, handle incoming chats, and provide technical support to customers.
The successful candidate should have a proven record of accomplishment of customer service, possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, and demonstrate good judgement while multi-tasking. The candidate will also be able to follow SOC tasks, procedures, and utilise discretion when dealing with sensitive information. The AWS SOC is a 24/7/365 operation and shift work will be required to include nights, weekends and holidays.
We are seeking motivated team members with a willingness to learn and backgrounds in physical security and conducting operations in related areas such as security operations centres, security dispatch centres, military or law enforcement. The Associate SOC Analyst is a core element of the AWS SOC, so if you would like to be part of a bar-raising physical security team, join us! BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Associate's degree in security discipline or related field and 2+ years security experience
• 1-2years' experience configuring and modifying access control systems (ex: Lenel, Feenics, Multi-Max, C-Cure, Honeywell, etc.)
• 1+ year previous experience working within a security operations or security centre
• Ability to work any shift within the 24/7 operation, including holidays and weekends and sit for prolonged periods
• Able to work in a diverse team PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• BS/BA preferably in Information Systems, Computer Science or related discipline
• 2-4+ years of experience programming/administrating Access Control Systems and CCTV
• 2-4+ years of system administrator experience in performing triage on system problems, resolving the system problems, analysing system data to prevent problems, and implementing new workstations and systems Current certification as a Lenel Certified Professional (LCP) or Lenel Certified Expert (LCE)
• 2-4 years' previous experience working within an operations centre
• 2-4 years' experience demonstrating high-level customer service skills
• 2-4 years' experience configuring and modifying access control systems (ex: Lenel, Multi-Max, C-Cure, Honeywell, etc.)
• 2-4 years' previous experience using MS Office Suite to include Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.
By working together on behalf of our customers, we are building the future one innovative product, service, and idea at a time. Are you ready to embrace the challenge? Come build the future with us.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status.