Partner Solutions Architect Manager
Would you like to be part of a team that is redefining the Technology industry? Amazon Web Services is leading the next paradigm shift in computing and is looking for a leader for the role of Partner Solutions Architect Manager, focused on leading a team of Solutions Architects supporting our thriving network of System Integrators and Partners within the UK Public Sector organisation. This is an ideal role for someone who has experience working for or with an AWS Partner, a large IT consulting firm, or a Fortune 1000 company. The Partner Solutions Architect Manager will define the strategy to help develop the technical capabilities of AWS Partners so they can be successful in the building and selling Cloud solutions to Public Sector customers. Working with Partners is a team effort that will require influence and coordination with many stakeholders. You should be just as comfortable talking Storage and Networking with the VP of Infrastructure or continuous deployment with the DevOps team, TCO with the CFO, and cloud strategy with the CIO. If you are a problem solver with a broad technical-skills, and have the ability to drive technical initiatives and cloud migration projects with Partners you will enjoy this role.
We are looking for a leader who loves learning and evangelising in order to help customers and partners embrace and adopt new technology. The ideal candidate is an accomplished leader with a strong background in technology, experience at influencing innovation with partners, and the presence to engage with decision makers at the executive level. You will have strong business development, product management, strategic alliances, and entrepreneurial skills. You should be able to demonstrate an ability to think strategically about new business models, solution selling, and show prior solution and program successes.
The ideal candidate will possess deep technical skill in software architecture, information security, compliance initiatives, software deployment and cloud computing as well as customer facing skills at all levels of a partner organisation. The ideal candidate should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges. The ideal candidate is also an influencer by nature and must be seen as someone the partners are eager to engage with and have a strong hands-on approach.
• Technical leader and trusted adviser in the area of cloud computing for our partners
• Drive development of repeatable assets, solutions, products & accelerators
• Assist AWS Partners in building an AWS centre of excellence within their organisation, enabling them to offer and deliver AWS based solutions to our joint customers.
• Exhibit a combination of technical vision, creativity, technical acumen, and deep AWS technical skills by jointly designing and developing industry and vertical solutions.
• Assist the Partner to define the approach, tools, and end state architecture as they migrate customers to Amazon Web Services. BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Expertise in Cloud technology areas
• Demonstrated ownership of a large IT project or software development effort
• Technology Breadth: Demonstrate architectural best practices applied across a breadth of technologies to solve organisational problems, articulate views/roadmaps for future development, and understand the interaction between infrastructure, operations, and development
• Strong leadership capabilities, having the ability to communicate effectively with a diverse set of customers or partners, across multiple disciplines.
• Strong presentation and written communication skills; high degree of comfort with technical and Executive audiences.
• Demonstrate a strong bias for action and hands on approach PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations
• Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges
• Demonstrated ability to engage and influence C-level executives
• Proven track record of strong presentation skills and the ability to articulate complex concepts to cross functional audiences.
• AWS Solution Architect Associate or higher