This role will provide a high calibre candidate with the opportunity to work in a finance department which is dynamic, fast-paced, ever-evolving and entrepreneurial.DescriptionThe successful candidate will serve as a business partner to the front office and collaborate with both external fund managers and
external service providers to deliver for investors. This is a fantastic opportunity to gain general private equity industry knowledge and, depending on the experience of the individual, the tasks and responsibilities outlined below could evolve to take on more responsibility. This is initially a six-month temporary assignment starting ASAP.
Responsibilities will include:
- Monitoring for the receipt and processing of underlying investments' financial statements, call and distribution notices and record expenses.
- Capturing of all portfolio investments’ underlying valuations.
- Collating, testing and generating quarterly and annual valuations for inclusion in accounts, reporting requirements and ad hoc investor circulars.
- Aiding in forecasting and monitoring cash requirements for the funds, ensuring sufficient liquidity to meet investment costs and expenses whilst maximising returns to investors.
- Assisting in the preparation of a weekly reporting pack to be distributed to senior management.
- Daily monitoring and weekly reconciliation of the database to that of the administrator.
- Reviewing the weekly reconciliations between the administrator’s system and the in-house system, checking for accuracy with attention to detail and ensuring issues are dealt with in a timely manner.
- Input to and maintenance of a sophisticated document management system.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button. Please note that due to the expected volume of applications, we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements of our client. We are sorry, but if you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see the Walker Hamill website.
- Newly qualified ACA or ACCA (or equivalent) with first time passes.
- Strong academics with a 2:1 degree or higher (or equivalent).
- Organised with excellent attention to detail.
- Experience working with fund administrators/third party providers will be advantageous.
- Strong communication skills.