A diverse and inclusive global private equity firm with a portfolio that stretches across Europe, North America, Asia and Australia is seeking to appoint their first dedicated in-house Valuations expert, in a pivotal senior appointment.
The fund has significant legacy in private equity and would be regarded as a mature and seasoned investment firm with roughly 150 people in their London HQ and investments across a range of industries and sectors in the large cap range. This newly created position has come about through growth and successful fund raises and would be purposed with creating a role that covers portfolio company valuations as well as (to a lesser extent) portfolio reporting and MI.
High level responsibilities would include:
- Acting as the firms Valuations lead which will include management of the quarterly valuation process, encompassing all interactions with external valuations experts, deal teams and presenting to Investment Committee/GP board
- Management of portfolio company data collection and analysis
- Management of systems for the above and driving change and improvement in processes and use of technology
- Annual carry valuations (working with external experts)
- Fund projections and forecasts and working with the wider finance team to provide better business information to management and to internal co-investors and/or carry holders
- Involvement in wider ad hoc modelling related projects for the firm
In terms of background, you will ideally have:
- Formal Accounting qualifications – CA, ACA or equivalent – or CFA qualified with extensive knowledge, understanding and experience of managing valuation processes, ideally for private equity backed companies. In all likelihood you will be working in a large global accounting or consulting firm and operating at Manager level or equivalent.
- Any experience of managing model valuation audits and/or working with third party valuers would be hugely advantageous and preferred given the seniority of this position.
- Excellent financial modelling skills and advanced Excel.
- Strong interpersonal skills, approachable and adaptable personality and adept at building up relationships with stakeholders across front office.
- Driven, career minded, tenacious and ideally with experience of working across different cultures and working styles.
Salary on offer is from £70-80,000 base (depending on experience) plus bonus in the region of 30-50%+. Please feel free to get in touch with any questions or for a confidential discussion on 07506 657265 or email@example.com