Lead Technical Writer
Fantastic opportunity for an exceptional individual to originate and shape a brand new role as a Lead Technical Writer. This is a cutting-edge fintech delivering a cloud-based, end-to-end development and production platform.
Driving the scope and direction of the Technical Documentation group, you will oversee the design and content of all documentation and communications - client-facing and internal - and manage knowledge-sharing sites, e.g. Confluence and G Suite. The Role
- Work with stakeholders to gain a deep understanding of the architecture, design and implementation of the platform
- Define the branding and style guidelines
- Collaborate with internal teams to develop templates to ensure a coherent communications strategy
Crucial to the success of this role will be a thorough understanding of the audience for whom the documentation is designed and the ability to grasp and break down complex technical concepts for a wide readership - both technical and non-technical.
The successful candidate will be exceptionally well-organized, highly skilled in managing a high volume of simultaneous projects and a skilled communicator - able to gather information from technical and business stakeholders.
The ideal candidate will have a working understanding of financial markets and asset types, such as equities, bonds and derivatives. Knowledge of document lifecycles (development, revision and turnover) and design, proofreading and editing skills are highly sought after. Requirements
- 5+ years of proven technical writing experience in a software R&D environment, with both end-user and systems documentation
- Comfortable documenting APIs in a programming language such as Python
- Proficiency with Confluence / G Suite and other document management systems
- Solid Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio)
- Experience with CI/CD / Agile development workflows
- Newly established role, shape and scope the direction from the start
- Great opportunity to be part of a collaborative, innovative environment
- Competitive salary + generous benefits
- Work with the smartest people on varied and challenging work
If you think you are a strong match for this job description, please do not hesitate to get in touch! Amy Gandhi
Tel: +44 (0) 203 475 5019