Europe Financial Controller - £85,000 - White City
- Jan 07, 2021
- £80k - £100k
Europe Financial Controller - £85,000 - White City - Listed Business - Progression - Technical Accounting ownership - Building relationships internally and externally
An exclusive mandate for a Financial Controller role looking after the European businesses of this listed FMCG business, based in White City (Shepherds Bush). The role is paying up to £85,000 with the candidate initially WFH due to COVID.
The role would suit ambitious candidates seeking a role that will also provide scope for future progression within the group. The hiring manager is seeking a strong technical accountant with managerial experience (albeit smaller teams), who can provide strong support to the VP Finance/Head of Europe Finance. Whilst the below is a brief overview, shortlisted candidates will be forwarded the full job spec for consideration.
- Manage centralised accounts (statutory and management) for Europe and a team of 20-25 employees
- Maintain & document control processes and Europe Chart of Accounts Manual for Europe
- Manage the central finance team responsible for maintaining the general ledgers for all European businesses
- Manage Europe Credit Control team & improve cash collections, ensuring Credit Management policy is implemented
- Work with the Statutory Accountant to provide technical accounting support for centralised European legal entities. Ensuring compliance with IFRS (IFRS 9,15 and 16).
- Manage preparation of monthly management accounts for European businesses; Prepare weekly cash forecast
- Prepare monthly management reports of actual versus budgeted overhead costs, by cost centre with explanations for all material variances for all the businesses in centralized Europe Corporate function
- Work with Shared Service Centre to manage Accounts Payable
- Work with Licensing department to manage the MG tracker (includes all Pan European licensing and intercompany royalty recharges)
- Manage the team (and external accountants) to ensure that year end statutory accounts are prepared for European entities (UK, Germany, France and Italy) under local GAAP
- Work with the FP&A team to prepare of annual budgets and monthly / quarterly reforecasts
- Provide complete and accurate information for month end and statutory reporting highlighting issues and trends for entities managed by Europe Finance team
- Manage relationships with auditors, external accountants, internal employees, suppliers, Shared Service Centre, Europe Royalty Reporting Team, Europe FP&A Team
- Take on additional responsibility when required to assist the VP Finance/Head of Europe Finance.
- Qualified Accountant (ACA,ACCA or international equivalent) from a Top 20 accounting firm with post qualification experience
- Experience within FMCG/Retail/ Ecommerce is highly desirable, although other Commerce & Industry sectors will be considered based on experience.
- Experience managing credit risk and a Pan European credit control function
- A team player with a 'can do' attitude
- Experience within financial control, statutory accounts production and COSEC filing
- Strong technical accounting experience with business acumen to build strong relationships
- May be required to travel
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative. BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.