EU Sustainability Project Engineering Manager (UK)
Amazon opened its virtual doors in 1995 and strives to be the world's most customer-centric company, where customers can find and discover anything they might want to buy online.
Amazon in 2019 announced The Climate Pledge - its goal to reach the Paris Agreement 10 years early. Amazon has committed to be net zero carbon by 2040 and run on 100% renewable energy by 2030. To support this goal, the company has ordered 100,000 fully-electric delivery vehicles, the largest order ever for electric delivery vehicles, and is investing $100 million in reforestation projects around the world to begin removing carbon from the atmosphere now.
Amazon is looking to hire an experienced, passionate, innovative, hands-on customer-obsessed Engineering Project Manager to lead the Sustainability and E-mobility infrastructure implementation across our EU wide last mile network. In addition, this role will lead all network wide sustainability infrastructure projects across UK/IE
The successful candidate will join the European Amazon Logistics Engineering team and will support to define together with core stakeholders the most efficient charging infrastructure concepts for existing and future delivery stations, will work with our partners across Europe on feasibility studies and finally will lead the local infrastructure implementation of charging station and other sustainability projects.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate visionary leadership, critical thinking, self-motivation, ability to deal with ambiguity, love for contribution to a team goal. Personal inclination will be combined with engineering, planning, analytical skills and proven experience in project managing large scale infrastructure projects with multiple internal and external stakeholders.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
• Accountable for Sustainability and E-mobility infrastructure implementation across existing and future Amazon Delivery Stations in UK.
• Support in development of standardized charging concepts for our EU Last Mile Delivery network
• Project management of E-mobility charger installations
• Project management of Sustainability infrastructure projects
• Representation of Engineering teams in cross functional Sustainability projects
• Support in development of future charging infrastructure concepts for our last mile network
• Support provider selection of e-vehicle charger for UK.
• Responsible for cost evaluation and CAPEX/OPEX budgeting for sustainability projects in UK.
• Responsible to develop and sign-off site-specific installation concepts and layouts
• Responsible to meet project timelines and budgets inclusive reporting to EU Program Management
• Responsible for definition and negotiation of after sale services for charger infrastructure
• Responsible for active contractor management during construction and post-launch
• Provide value engineering / value analysis
• Ensures adherence to all Health & Safety procedures.
• Apply best practices from and share best practices with WW and EU counterparts
• Location may be reviewed. National and EU travel availability is required. BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Master's degree (or higher)
• 5+ years Industrial engineering, Electrical engineering or Facilities management experience
• Excellent analytical and organizational skills
• Candidates will be qualified in Electrical or Industrial Engineering
• Experience in dealing with large supplier (including contract negotiation), external planners and technical contractors
• Advanced industrial engineering, project management and implementation experience
• Advanced knowledge of engineering planning tools; solution driven approach to engineering challenges; advanced computer literacy (AutoCAD, Excel, PowerPoint);
• Advanced experience in technical After-sales services
• Experience in Planning and organizing of technical projects inclusive evaluation of priorities and appropriate prioritization, risks assessment, bottle necks anticipation, manage critical issues, balance trade off, conflict resolution and delivery to time, need and budget.
• Knowledge of project management tools and process improvement techniques
• A self-starting team player who is willing to roll up the sleeves
• Open and proactive communication in a multi lingual environment
• Cool head and ability to work under pressure
• Fluent in English
• Knowledge of at least one other EU language (preferably German, Italian, French or Spanish) PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Knowledge of at least one other EU language (preferably German, Italian, French or Spanish)