Credit Decision Science Lead
Starling Bank is currently looking for a Credit Decision Science Lead.
Like a lot of technology companies, we are mostly working remotely at Starling and we think we will be for a while to come. To apply for this role you must be based in the UK and our preference is that you're located within a commutable distance to our London or Cardiff office, so that when we're able to see each other and collaborate in person again, we're ready to go! Responsibilities
- Development & deployment of high quality operational credit risk models
- Build & implement internal credit scoring (full lifecycle) models using internal and external data sources
- Collaborate with the wider credit analytics team and wider business teams on retail and SME portfolio performance providing additional insights and analytics where necessary
- Continuously assess the need and usage of new data sources to enhance credit models in the future
- Enhance and maintain credit risk models in production
- Ensure regulatory model compliance with UK regime
- Excellent skills in either R or Python (both preferred)
- Relevant experience in operational credit modelling within an FCA regulated company
- Proven track record in model design, build, deployment and maintenance
- Experience working alongside or within data and engineering functions
- Ability to utilise innovative methods and technology to improve performance of credit risk models
- A Degree in STEM (Mathematics, Computer Science, Physics, Engineering, Economics)
- Excellent skills in SQL are essential
- 33 days holiday (including public hols). You'll also get your birthday on us
- 16 hours paid volunteering time a year
- Private Medical Insurance with VitalityHealth
- Contributory pension scheme
- We have many varied social groups set up and run by our employees - ForTheWin (a gaming group), Starling FC, book club and many more!
- Discounts on cinema tickets, restaurants, shopping and train tickets via a Perkbox membership
- Access to 'salary sacrifice' benefits such as Cycle to Work scheme
- Gym membership options
- Full details are available on our careers site
Starling is a leading digital bank on a mission to disrupt the banking industry.
Since our launch in 2014, we've surpassed one million accounts. Our total deposits, meanwhile, have topped £2 billion over the same period. We're a fully licensed UK bank, and we have the culture and spirit of a fast-moving, disruptive technology company. We've won the Best British Bank award three years running, and now employ almost 1000 people across our London, Southampton, Cardiff & Dublin offices.
Starling Bank is an equal opportunity employer, and we're proud of our ongoing efforts to foster diversity & inclusion in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Starling Bank are considered without regard to race, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
By submitting your application, you agree that Starling Bank may collect your personal data for recruiting and related purposes. Our Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, its purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over our use of your personal information.