Consultant Relations, Investments
- Location: London, England, United Kingdom
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Consultant Relations, InvestmentsFOUNDED in Chicago in 1889, Northern Trust is one of the world's leading financial institutions. We specialise in providing asset servicing solutions and asset management to both institutional and personal clients. The delivery of products and services to this client base is supported through a network of offices around the globe. The asset management division of Northern Trust is global leader in multi-asset class solutions with expertise in index, active, quantitative and alternative investment capabilities.
Focus on supporting and enhancing relationships with investment consultants . Over time this person may be involved in business development related activities in the UK and elsewhere in EMEA.
• Support the development and implementation of a consultant relations plan with particular reference to the Global consultant firms and key domestic consultants where appropriate
• Acquire and maintain a good understanding of the structure, decision processes and rating methodologies of the various consultants
• Support and develop multi-faceted relationships within each investment consultant, including research teams, field consultants
• Interact with investment consultants in a way that adds value to the relationships and positions NTAM as a trusted partner
• Support efforts to ensure consultants have a good understanding of NTAM and the capabilities that we offer
• Support responses to consultant queries and consultant due diligence meetings and related preparations and follow up.
• Work alongside the head of consultant relations to provide insightful input on consultant views, industry trends to help inform decisions on product design, service standards and commercial terms.
• Track progress and communicate activity reports and create necessary management metrics
• Collaborate as necessary with NTAM's US consultant relations team and the UK consultant relations team within NT's asset servicing business as well as the sales and client relationship managers across EMEA.
Knowledge of areas of investment management such as fixed income, quantitative active and passive equities, cash securities as well as other Northern products and services, usually acquired through related work experience, is required to respond to consultant's needs. Ability to communicate Northern products and services. Knowledge of securities and pension industry products and services in order to compete with other financial institutions.
5-7 years of consultant relations or investment consulting experience
CFA or similar is advantageous
About Northern Trust
For more than a century, Northern Trust has worked hard building our legacy of outstanding service, expertise and integrity. From a Chicago-based bank founded in 1889, we now have more than 20 international locations and 16,500 employees globally. We serve the world's most-sophisticated clients - from sovereign wealth funds and the wealthiest individuals and families, to the most-successful hedge funds and corporate brands.
We burnished our reputation as a global leader delivering innovative investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary and banking solutions enabled by sophisticated, leading technology. And through it all, we continually laid a solid, forward-looking foundation on which future generations can continue growing and achieving greater.
Northern Trust proudly cultivates a diverse workforce, to serve our diverse client base. We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company. We encourage applications from the best regardless of ethnicity, gender, gender identity, age, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, education, socio-economic background, parental and caring status, or religion.
As of June 30, 2018, Northern Trust Corporation had:
• $135 billion in banking assets
• $8.1 trillion in assets under custody
• $10.7 trillion in assets under custody/administration
• $1.1 trillion in assets under management