Job Description As DevOps Engineer, you work on different facets of the DevOps Cloud function, as a member of a global OPS team for the Insurance Business Unit. You are responsible for implementing and refining the DevOps automated processes that keep the business unit's critical SAAS products running.
Your main responsibilities are to:
- Support SAAS cloud applications deployed for our customers worldwide, making sure the automated processes are running properly and service is being delivered.
- Assist development teams in building, hosting, and deploying next generation, resilient, fault-tolerant, scalable, self-healing and secured applications in cloud.
- Collaborate with development teams to optimize performance, right size and migrate various development, QA, and production environments to cloud.
- Work with development and QA teams to manage release and deployment cycles for product lines especially in cloud.
- Collaborate with DevOps group located in Toronto, Edinburgh and Grenoble
The ERS - Insurance Software Engineering team in Edinburgh is a part of the global ERS - Insurance Team.
The team works closely with the product development team to deliver solutions to our clients in the insurance industry.
- Expertise (2+years) in the following areas:
- Extensive Cloud experience (Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google) especially in deploying and managing development, QA, and production workloads.
- Experience in supporting SAAS application
- Deep knowledge of continuous integration and configuration management tools and how to optimally deploy these in cloud
- Strong scripting and automation skills and experience (Python, Ruby, PowerShell, Ansible, Terraform, CloudFormation, etc.
- BS in Computer Science (or equivalent)
- The key competencies for this position include the following:
- Knowledge of current cloud technologies - in particular, Azure and AWS
- Knowledge of software development life cycle (SDLC) including Agile Development Methodology
- Knowledge of containers / virtualization, such as Docker, Kubernetes
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills - able to work effectively with clients, peers, and business/IT management.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
- Willingness to learn, a can do attitude, and motivated to succeed and grow.
- Knowledge of at least one programming languages (e.g. Java, C/C++/C#)
- Ability to work with remote team members, fluent in English
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.