Cloud Software Development Engineer - Streaming
DESCRIPTION Ring has a mission to reduce crime in neighborhoods. With affordable solutions that work on any home, Ring is committed to offering smart security that's accessible to everyone. Now Ring is part of the Amazon Devices family, and are seeking engineers who will help us create the next generation of home security. What will you help us create?
As a Cloud Software Development Engineer, you will work with an experienced multi-disciplinary team to bring the next generation streaming technologies to market. You will work in a distributed cloud environment, building fast and scalable services supporting Ring security camera and smart doorbell streaming capabilities. You will drive key aspects of product definition, execution and architecture as well as owning testing, deployment, operation, and scaling of our always-on distributed system that serves Ring customers worldwide.
You'll need to be creative, passionate and open-minded, and you'll get to have a huge impact on our products, services and ultimately the lives of Amazon Ring customers.
You will be successful in this role if you:
• Enjoy collaborating with partners, colleagues and teams across the world
• Have previous expertise working with distributed systems and understand how they are deployed
• Can drive tasks to completion and take full ownership of projects
• Are comfortable with proactive outward communication and technical leadership
• Can deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • Proficiency in C++ or Java
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related technical field
• 4+ years experience doing hands-on software development
• Experience working with distributed systems or applications
• Excellent communication, collaboration, reporting and problem solving skills
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • Knowledge of video streaming technologies (WebRTC/H.264/SDP/SIP/RTP)
• Experience with multimedia frameworks like GStreamer
• Understanding of microservices and distributed application architecture
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.